Looking for 1-DIN head unit w Bluetooth & CD changer support

Participant count
  • Participant list
HI all. New here so i'm probably breaking rules in stickies i should have read before posting.

I'm struggling to get a couple of questions answered and either this is a dumb question and, as the guy in best buy put it, "they all do that", or it really is a struggle.

I would like to change the audio setup in our car as i'm getting frustrated by my hands-free/music streaming dongle that's connecting to my phone and sending back to the stereo via FM. That's easy enough, but my wife will only let me change the head unit for one with built in Bluetooth, if it will also support controlling a CD changer, ideally the one currently mounted in the trunk.

Try as i might i can't find reference to CD changer controls in the description of most bluetooth supporting models, and when I do see it one some store website (ebay/amazon) checking the manufacturers user manual online shows no reference to usage with an external cd changer, how you would attach one. I'm therefore skeptical of the guy at bestbuy who said "they all do that".

I'm aware CD changers are being replaced by smartphones, etc so maybe i need to look for things from a few years back, but I have to believe there are devices that can perform both Bluetooth and CD changer functions.

Anyway, any suggestions for me?

Basic specs:

• 1 Din
  • Supports Bluetooth for both streaming and hands free (i.e it has phone controls), ideally built in, but could be with an accessory.
  • Supports an external CD changer
  • FM radio

Thanks

Is it really that hard to change cds? :p However i have a Excelon x598 Headunit with bluetooth/ipod control/CD/phone control/fm radio for sale for 70$ shipped. Best deal youll find on here if your looking for a HU with Bluetooth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.