Looking at components

parrot5254
10+ year member

So I've been researching speakers for a while now and have a couple questions on some sets that are pretty popular the cadence CWM-6 and Pheonix gold rsd65cs. how do these compare to say an apline type-s, polk dxi6500, or kenwood KFC-P709PS? These components I have actually been able to hear. Also how do they compare to sets in the $125-150 range like the boston s60, jl tr650csi or the kicker RS65.2 or infinity kappa perfects. I only mention the last two because I can get them for a price in the range. Any other suggestions are highly appreciated. The amp I'll be using will be either a kicker zx350.4 or zx650.4 depending on the speakers I choose.

Is there any other component sets you've heard that you can compare them too. I've seen a bunch of good reviews and they pretty much all say they are good for the money but I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to be happy with there or if spending the extra $70 is going to get me that much better sound.

Im interested in the ccx vs the rsd in midbass and overall sound I just ordered some RSD's and they sent me the wrong ones, so im sending them back, but they said If I wanted a refumd they would do it.

There plenty bad reviews on the Rsd about blown tweeters and them sounding a little harsh at high levels. I ran 2 sets of the Rsd for a front stage. Don't believe every review you read. Some reviews say that Sony Xplod subs hit hard, but they don't. If you've heard Boston Pros and Focal VR, you wouldn't like the Rsd's. If you've never heard the good stuff, the Rsd's will be fine. I'd take Crescendo, Cadence, and RE6.5comp over the Rsd's.

stay the **** away from the kappa's, unless you like your music to sound like its playing out of a tin can....
i've listened to infinity speakers a bunch of time and they lost every side by side comparison IMO. my buddy had kappas, it was a while ago i was in his car so i can't say much but i don't remember being overwhelmed either

There plenty bad reviews on the Rsd about blown tweeters and them sounding a little harsh at high levels. I ran 2 sets of the Rsd for a front stage. Don't believe every review you read. Some reviews say that Sony Xplod subs hit hard, but they don't. If you've heard Boston Pros and Focal VR, you wouldn't like the Rsd's. If you've never heard the good stuff, the Rsd's will be fine. I'd take Crescendo, Cadence, and RE6.5comp over the Rsd's.
this is generally because the users tend to send 200watts to the component sets. This is mostly due to the fact that the mids can take the power, just not the tweets

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.