Lookin for a new system, give me your suggestions!

scottyk
10+ year member

lil' nig
NY
Hey all, I'm currently running an ma 1800XL woofer in a custom ported box and powering it with a ma hardkore amp. I'm looking too sell the system and get something new, I've had it for about 8 months now and the kid before me had it for almost a year, I'm wanting to get rid of it before it dies =]

Pretty simple question, what should i get? the 18 hit at about 145 db and that was in the kid's car who owned it before me and that thing was a rust bucket. It certainly hits a bit harder in my 2001 Saturn but either way I'm ready to drop some cash for something new. I was initially going to buy another 1800XL but decided against it and contemplated 2 ma Hardkore series 15's, but was told and have read online that they aren't as great as they're advertised. I've got a friend who does awesome custom boxes and will install some dynomat I have and build me any size box for 300 bucks (out of mdf too) so i can really go anywhere.

Any suggestions? I want something that slams, obviously louder than around 147db's or so. Should I head for a solo x? Or maybe JL audio? I'm skeptical to just buy something out of the blue, so throw me your ideas people =]

Hey all, I'm currently running an ma 1800XL woofer in a custom ported box and powering it with a ma hardkore amp. I'm looking too sell the system and get something new, I've had it for about 8 months now and the kid before me had it for almost a year, I'm wanting to get rid of it before it dies =]
Pretty simple question, what should i get? the 18 hit at about 145 db and that was in the kid's car who owned it before me and that thing was a rust bucket. It certainly hits a bit harder in my 2001 Saturn but either way I'm ready to drop some cash for something new. I was initially going to buy another 1800XL but decided against it and contemplated 2 ma Hardkore series 15's, but was told and have read online that they aren't as great as they're advertised. I've got a friend who does awesome custom boxes and will install some dynomat I have and build me any size box for 300 bucks (out of mdf too) so i can really go anywhere.

Any suggestions? I want something that slams, obviously louder than around 147db's or so. Should I head for a solo x? Or maybe JL audio? I'm skeptical to just buy something out of the blue, so throw me your ideas people =]

where in ny do you live? im just getting my system installed if you live close to me i could demo for you

fotgot to add i have two 12in dc audio lvl4XL's and a sundown saz-3500 on the way should be pretty loud.

well my budget right now is probably around 1500 bucks, that would be buying the system in increments though, not all at once. I would be selling the current amp, and getting basically new everything.

Oh and as an aside, I was looking at the Orion HCCA 15.2's. I went to several websites online and all I could find on the reviews were absolutely positive five star ratings saying these bus get wicked loud and can handle a hell of a lot of power. Anyone have any experience with this sub? Would you suggest it?

well my budget right now is probably around 1500 bucks, that would be buying the system in increments though, not all at once. I would be selling the current amp, and getting basically new everything.
Oh and as an aside, I was looking at the Orion HCCA 15.2's. I went to several websites online and all I could find on the reviews were absolutely positive five star ratings saying these bus get wicked loud and can handle a hell of a lot of power. Anyone have any experience with this sub? Would you suggest it?
The HCCA 15.2's aint bad. Ask Snoopdan on here about them, he got two of them *kinda* loud.

Well keep in mind, with you wanting to run those high power woofers, you're going to need a large, expensive amplifier(maybe two) as well as an electrical to back it up. It's money.

I was not going to ask...but could not help it. 145 on a meter....or just by ear? AND...have you ever sat in a car that does 147 on a meter?
Nope, legitimate 145 on a meter. And no I have not sat in a car and seen it at 147 on a meter, but I've had people with experience of high level PSL's (I'm being serious when I say that, not like my friends or anything) who say its probably right around that.

If I go with the HCCA's, I know I'll need probably two amplifiers and it will cost a lot, I'm hoping to sell the whole current system for enough to buy the two woofers and then I'll only have to pay for the amp and box

It's hard to believe that you could do a number like that with one sub. Was it on a term lap? That's enough of that if you want same get down I would go with two 15. RE Mt, Fi Btl, Sundown, DD or Solo X with a XA 4000D form Powerbass or a Mojo 4000.

i personally love my 2 12" hcca's but with all the great high end subs out today, its really just your personal preference, good luck with whatever ya decide on tho man

knew a guy that had 2 hcca 12's doing 150-151db on termlab, not bad for 2 12"s i dont think

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.