Lock doors amp goes into protect mode

Participant count
  • Participant list

ZDudas
10+ year member

I was giving a demo the other day and the guy in the passenger seat bumped my door lock switch and when he did my subs cut off. I looked at my amp and the RED L.E.D protect light was on. I backed the volume all the way down and it came back with power and played fine. I just don't understand why is does this?

Voltage dropping from doing so I bet.

Do you have a multimeter? You could check it out.

But what amplifier, charging system upgrades if any, et cetera is your system comprised of?

Stock battery up front. All stock electrical. Sub amp is a rockford fosgate prime r1000.1d monoblock powering 2 sundown sd-2 12's. I have a eBay volt meter wired directly to the sub amp and the lowest I've seen it drop to is about 12.5. When I start the truck the volt meter reads 13.6, but when I play full tilt it drops to 12.5.................

it is repeatable? that's frickin' weird. those two systems should be independent... unless you have a modern GM and the CAN bus is somehow tied to the remote turn-on wire...

what vehicle and what head unit/remote turn-on source?

how is power wired (direct to battery?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.