How many watts can i run safely

Participant count
  • Participant list
tree fiddy.

Srsly though, with a stock alt it is going to be completely dependant on the type of music (regular recordings or 30s synthetic bass notes), how long you keep it turned up, and the amount of overhead your stock alt has over the basic charging needs of the car.

This combination will be specific so no one can safely tell you exactly how much you can run. I mean, if it was a burp car you could do 10k, then charge after a 3 sec note. If you listen to decaf on a 30min drive to work, you probably wouldn't want to do more than about 2k.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Alright sorry this took so long. Here's the update. I tried out all the sets of speakers, the black diamonds did not fit front or back. I think if...
5 ch amps can get expensive and most of the sub stage lacks power for a decent mid-sized sub. And end up running hot. Some times its best to look...
This is a little more money but well worth it from looking at the reviews. And it's Korean.
I wouldnt waste the time or money on OEM speakers to be placed back into any vehicle unless you plan to sale the vehicle and remove the after...
With half inch MDF, it's like 4.27cu/ft internally not including sub and port displacement. That's like 3.5 to 3.8cu/ft after displacement. You...

About this thread

southport2014

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
southport2014
Indianapolis, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date