LOC vs. New deck, under $130.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I have an 09 honda civic lx. So i don't want to be cutting it up. But i was thinking bout mounting a deck where the cup holders r or in the glove box. The LOC would prbly cost less and be easier to install, but i've heard they don't give you the best sound quality. Any tips on which to go with or on good LOC's?

Thanks.

I have messed with only 3 loc's so far and nothing ever went right and I hated every minute of it. Spend the extra $ and get a deck with built in crossovers and filters as well as a stronger and cleaner output signal. Its hard (at least for me) to set the gain with an loc. The speakers will still get a full range signal and will produce a muddy sound when trying to hit the low bass notes but the bass will be louder because of the addition of the sub. A new headunit will have a low pass filter which stops frequencies below a certain frequency to the sub. This is an absolute must imo.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.