LOC output-9.5v Amp input 4v

Participant count
  • Participant list

butterMilk
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BC
I have a LC6I I am going to be using, says it will put out 9.5v (rms)

JL xd 400/4 will accept 4v. But it also says the amp will accept speaker level signals.

Is this something I should be worried about? I can keep the LC6I turned down, or even use a DMM to set it?

But I would like to keep the LC6I turned up, because it says that is best!

Yeah so I can keep the LOC turned up, and then the gain on the amp will be set low?

I just don't want to damage the amp.

Read the manual on the LOC. Audiocontrol's stuff usually has complete install / adjustment procedures. Typically you set the amp sensitivity to some midpoint and use the level controls on the LOC to match gains. You don't crank it to full 9.5V output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.