LOC or Line Driver

Hey everyone. Well im pretty much stumped as for what to get for a line out converter or line driver. My system will consist of a 4 four channel amp (RF t400-4) powering my tweeters, component speakers, and my coaxial speakers, (6 speakers total) and a monoblock (t1000-1bdcp) powering my SA-12. Ive heard a lot of good things about these two items: AudioControl LC7i, Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.2. Im not really sure how LOCs or Line drivers work so i was hoping you guys could break it down for me and explain what would be the best option for me to get.

thank you very much everyone.

I prefer the DQ-61 over the LC7. You really have to figure out what you want as far as features, then shop from there. Prices really fluctuate between brands and functions.

I prefer the DQ-61 over the LC7. You really have to figure out what you want as far as features, then shop from there. Prices really fluctuate between brands and functions.
all i really want is something to use to connect my amps with my stock head unit and something to improve sound quality from my speakers.

so you don't need a line driver you need a loc. A line driver boosts the signal going to an amp. You need something to use so you can play your aftermarket amps with your factory head unit. I use the AC lc2i. I would suggest something from audio control, check out the lc6i or lc7i if your bass gets lower as you turn up the volume. These do have line drivers built in but focus your search on a loc

The 3sixty is a processor that provides much more tuning flexibility than a standard LOC.

a product like the RF 3sixty or JBL MS-8 or Alpine PXA-H800 or JL Cleansweep provide additional processing beyond level-match.

Yes, you definitely need a LOC if you plan on keeping your stock HU. LOC simply converts high level (speaker) signal from your stock stereo to low level (RCA) signal, which then can be input into any amp. Some amps may have high level input options, not sure of any off hand though. Line drivers simply take a signal at a lower voltage and output it with a higher voltage. I believe you already need to have an aftermarket stereo to use one, so this doesn't apply to you. The above mentioned options are more advanced than a simple LOC and offer options such as more advanced EQ, time and phase alignment, etc. If you just want to hook up an aftermarket amp and don't plan on messing with any settings, just get a basic LOC. If you feel that you want to do some more advanced sound tuning, you should pursue a DSP that integrates your stock stereo with aftermarket equipment.

Yes, you definitely need a LOC if you plan on keeping your stock HU. LOC simply converts high level (speaker) signal from your stock stereo to low level (RCA) signal, which then can be input into any amp. Some amps may have high level input options, not sure of any off hand though. Line drivers simply take a signal at a lower voltage and output it with a higher voltage. I believe you already need to have an aftermarket stereo to use one, so this doesn't apply to you. The above mentioned options are more advanced than a simple LOC and offer options such as more advanced EQ, time and phase alignment, etc. If you just want to hook up an aftermarket amp and don't plan on messing with any settings, just get a basic LOC. If you feel that you want to do some more advanced sound tuning, you should pursue a DSP that integrates your stock stereo with aftermarket equipment.
im considering the lc7i. how do you feel about that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.