LOC Issue?

Participant count
  • Participant list

tlw1980

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone. I've had an LOC running a cheap 4 ohm amp setup directly pushing two 12's for a couple years now. My amp went out, and I bought a nice Kenwood capable of 2 ohm setup. Ran it correctly, pretty basic, however, now I only get bass if I only have one RCA plugged in. If I plug in both, no bass. I'm stumped because I didn't change anything else except running the new amp, and I triple checked my positive/negative wire routing from the amp to sub 1, then to sub 2. Wondering if this is a common symptom of a bad LOC.

Ok, so the input wires to the LOC, I can have one channel connected fully + & -, and connect one wire on the other feed to one specific side of the other LOC channel and have sound, but when I connect the second half to complete the channel, it cuts off. I tried switching them numerous ways and can't get any tried combos to work. So strange.

I tried both ways, to trouble shoot. I have new news today! I bought a new LOC, went home and rewired everything carefully (2 ohm) and it all works! So, I guess the LOC did have a bad channel or something. I don't really know how they work. I wonder if it had something to do with my old amp quitting.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...