LOC help?

Cliff_in_VA

CarAudio.com Newbie
Running into a bit of a snag.
My 2015 Volvo XC60 head unit uses a proprietary optical cable from the factory head unit to the factory amp, which is located under the right front seat.
Some google-fu shows the amp produces 40 WRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms.
I've already found the wiring diagram of the output plug from the amp, which goes to all the speakers, and I'd like to splice into the L & R rear channels..
My question is, what is a budget friendly (no more than $80 USD) two channel LOC that can handle the output and convert to low level so I can add an amp?

Thanks!

Running into a bit of a snag.
My 2015 Volvo XC60 head unit uses a proprietary optical cable from the factory head unit to the factory amp, which is located under the right front seat.
Some google-fu shows the amp produces 40 WRMS x 4 @ 4 ohms.
I've already found the wiring diagram of the output plug from the amp, which goes to all the speakers, and I'd like to splice into the L & R rear channels..
My question is, what is a budget friendly (no more than $80 USD) two channel LOC that can handle the output and convert to low level so I can add an amp?

Thanks!
NVX XLCA2 look into that Sonic Elontronix has them.

NVX XLCA2 look into that Sonic Elontronix has them.

The NVX XLOC22X looks like it would do exactly what I am looking for, and would be under the budget.

For even less expensive, the NVX XPLOC2 also looks like it would do the most basic of jobs. Both can comfortably handle the 40 watts input per channel.

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the NVX products.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it's a Volvo proprietary optical connection, and as far as I know, there are no aftermarket adapters.
I’d suggest cutting and adding on a standard Toslink end, but that’d be me doing it on my own car.
That kind of gamble ain’t for everyone.

I’d suggest cutting and adding on a standard Toslink end, but that’d be me doing it on my own car.
That kind of gamble ain’t for everyone.
From what I've read, it's not just audio, but data, too. If I'm not mistaken, some of the head unit electronics are also in the amp enclosure. They basically just extended the buttons and display from the dash to the "brain" under the seat. It's also a fiber pass-through for audio and data to the SiriusXM unit located in front of the spare tire, behind the back seat, under the rear cargo deck. The head unit has the climate controls integrated, so I'm not risking any type of modifications like cutting the fiber, unless I completely replace the whole dash assembly and head unit with an aftermarket one that has all the climate controls built in. I've found a few online, and they're large format touch screen, with 12 inch horizontal screen, running Android 12. For now, I'm not risking it.

Last edited:
From what I've read, it's not just audio, but data, too. If I'm not mistaken, some of the head unit electronics are also in the amp enclosure. They basically just extended the buttons and display from the dash to the "brain" under the seat. It's also a fiber pass-through for audio and data to the SiriusXM unit located in front of the spare tire, behind the back seat, under the rear cargo deck. The head unit has the climate controls integrated, so I'm not risking any type of modifications like cutting the fiber, unless I completely replace the whole dash assembly and head unit with an aftermarket one that has all the climate controls built in. I've found a few online, and they're large format touch screen, with 12 inch horizontal screen, running Android 12. For now, I'm not risking it.
Can’t blame you in the least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...