Seriously? WTF for?

Brax Matrix M3CPP 6-3/4" 3-way component speaker system at Crutchfield.com
Why the hell are those things thousands of dollars? Are they really going to sit there and tell us that there is $2,500 worth of difference in sound quality than say, a good set of focals? Or rainbows, or insert top brand here? What am I missing here? Why the hell are those things so expensive? Is it somehow the crossover?
Have you ever heard of Brax? Those things are crazy over-engineered, Italian, SQ monsters lol (couldn't say that with a straight face). Brax is good stuff TBH, but keep in mind Crutchfield charges flat out retail, so you can find those WAY cheaper if you know where to look.

Why the hell are those things thousands of dollars? Are they really going to sit there and tell us that there is $2,500 worth of difference in sound quality than say, a good set of focals? Or rainbows, or insert top brand here? What am I missing here? Why the hell are those things so expensive? Is it somehow the crossover?
why is a BMW M5 a hundred thousand dollars more than a Honda base Civic?

they both drive on the high way

they both have 4 wheels

why is a BMW M5 a hundred thousand dollars more than a Honda base Civic?
they both drive on the high way

they both have 4 wheels
because one is a Godly piece of machinery. And the other is the result of a shit taking a poop.

So in other words, nobody knows. As an auto enthusiast, I know the difference between a honda and a bmw. I personally, would take the BMW any day over the honda. However, the honda does have its distinct advantages that the BMW will never have, and vise versa. If fuel mileage is your only concern, say just for getting to work and saving money doing it, you want the honda hands down. Same thing for longevity of the car.

But if you don't care about that stuff and price is no issue, you definitely want the bimmer. To get to the point: Can one draw similar comparisons from a set of $800 components, to the Brax components? I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I call BS on the brax being worth any more than a good set of focals.

I have a theory on it though. I think there is only one way they can do that, and get away with it. And not be called morons, anyway. I think that the industry is so diluted with brand names, that in all that mess you can sort of hide and claim your **** is somehow worth thousands when in reality its more like hundreds. After all, how many speaker brands are there? Hundreds? Thousands? Same thing for amps.

It has three speakers, instead of two. Did you think that extra speaker was going to be free?

Has anyone here ever heard the difference between your standard "good" set of components, and these "great" ones from somebody like Brax? If so, what was your experience? Would you say that there was in fact thousands of dollars difference in the sound?

If it's worth the money depends on your wallet -- typically with a set like that you won't be doing yourself any favors buying them unless the rest of your setup is fantastic. Sound dampening, placement, wiring, etc, etc. Even then... while driving down the road with a typical noise floor ; my answer would be not really. But if you listen to your car for the enjoyment of it while not necessarily going down the highway and you are a discerning audiophile with a fat wallet; then yes, something like that could be very well worth it to you.

Those crossovers are made in a volcano mine by a 132 years old wiseman who learned the art of ultimate sound harmony by slaying thousands of lava mermaids. The sound of their agonizing voices made him somehow an expert in car audio sound systems so he was hired by Brax last summer.

Those crossovers are made in a volcano mine by a 132 years old wiseman who learned the art of ultimate sound harmony by slaying thousands of lava mermaids. The sound of their agonizing voices made him somehow an expert in car audio sound systems so he was hired by Brax last summer.
Word

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...