LMS Ultra T line

Sounds very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing build pictures. :)

No, I've not had those subs in a ported box but I've owned that truck since it was new and have had everything from 8s to 15s in it in every alignment but dual chambered bass reflex and infinite baffle. This setup is by far the loudest and cleanest sounding that's ever been in it by a long shot.

Before I did this permanent box I had a few different 10s in a line, then an SA-15 and also one of the Zv3s in a single sub line and all were very clean sounding. Right now it has a pair of entry level CT Sounds Tropo v2 subs in it and they too sound great.

In the end, I won't use another style box in one of my own vehicles.

Yeah, I got it back sans audio gear. I haven't done a setup firing to the rear but I've had them facing just about every other direction. The best arrangement I've found is port up and subs either up or forward. Also, all the t-lines I've built for other trucks have ended up in the port/sub up arrangement.

That said, I'm sure the rear firing arrangement will do well but it will also be a nightmare with respect to servicing the sub. Of course, that's not something you'll have to do often so who cares.

ok, Enough of just talking about. Gonna do it. 18" LMS ULTRA, T line box, tuned to 24HZ. 165 sq" port area, sub and port facing rear, biamped with my 2 JL 1000/1. I do wish I had more power but that's what I have for now. I really really wish I could measure my 4 W6s now so I knew my before and after output.

Gonna do a little revamp of my highs and mids also while I am at it, going full active. Same amps though. Jl 300/4 for my highs, JL 450/4 for my mids.

The LMS Ultra will be loud but it is more of a bottom end driver. That speaker was designed for home audio in which you are supposed to "feel" the explosion from a movie scene vs "hear" the loudness or how musical a car audio sub is.

In the process of building my T line for my TC Ultra. WOW, sub is HEAVY! I am mounting it horizontal, wondering if I need to support the motor in any way? So much weight hanging off end of frame bouncing around in worries me. Have been searching but not coming up with much.

Its not so much the fasteners pulling out that worries me as much as it is the actual basket flexing slightly under all that weight bouncing around in my truck. Maybe I am over thinking it. Been taking pictures of box, turning out well. Will post em up eventually.

Its not so much the fasteners pulling out that worries me as much as it is the actual basket flexing slightly under all that weight bouncing around in my truck. Maybe I am over thinking it. Been taking pictures of box, turning out well. Will post em up eventually.
That TC frame is really solid, and that 4hp motor isn't even that heavy compared to Shocker Sig, DC lv5 or lv6, and a few others out there. Double up the baffle and use a good quality deck screw to mount and you won't have a problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.