Thoughts on the Focal SB P 30

Participant count
  • Participant list

RUGERJITSU
10+ year member

Tejas
I'm thinking if running the Focal Flax 6.5 components and the Focal SB P 30 off of an Arc KS 300.4

I believe that would be pushing around 300 watts rms to the 12" sub, am I right? There's not a whole lot of info on the box/sub set up, so I'm hoping to hear from anyone who has experience with this equipment.

Here's a link with a few details.

SB P 30 | Focal America

Just playing different frequencies, cool app he's got...

Test tones are Just that...a tone will be played...so you can tune,find buzzes and rattles in you car..etc...

You'd be better off with an amp that puts out more power...bridge that arc 2 channel to the comps or run active.

Just playing different frequencies, cool app he's got...Test tones are Just that...a tone will be played...so you can tune,find buzzes and rattles in you car..etc...

You'd be better off with an amp that puts out more power...bridge that arc 2 channel to the comps or run active.
The sub is rated at 300 watts rms, and the arc will be providing 300+ off the rear two channels, no? I'm not going active, as I'm using the crossovers provided with the Focal comps.

I'm just curious if anyone has heard this sub/enclosure...there's not much info out there, a few videos on youtube, but the sound doesn't do it any justice.

The install shop ran into a problem with the focal flax 6.5" component woofers. They do not fit in the doors of my 2008 honda accord sedan...are there ways to fix this problem? Right now they are looking at options and going to get back in touch...

The install shop ran into a problem with the focal flax 6.5" component woofers. They do not fit in the doors of my 2008 honda accord sedan...are there ways to fix this problem? Right now they are looking at options and going to get back in touch...
There is always a way to make them fit. Is the opening in your doors too small or are the components too deep? Either way a good mdf ring should solve either problems.... If you door panel will let you.

There is always a way to make them fit. Is the opening in your doors too small or are the components too deep? Either way a good mdf ring should solve either problems.... If you door panel will let you.
Too deep, and I'll report back with what we come up with later today...I'm hoping an mdf ring is all that's needed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.