Upgrading subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
I currently have 2 jl w3v3-4 10 inch subs. They have a rms rating of 500 watts and an Xmax of 14mm. I want more spl but only have the space for 10's. I am thinking of upgrading to 2 ssoundqubed 10 inch hdc subs. They each have an rms rating of 1500 watts and an Xmax of 36mm. My current setup only has around 150 watts to each sub. If I upgraded subs and amplifier, how much louder would these be?

I currently have 2 jl w3v3-4 10 inch subs. They have a rms rating of 500 watts and an Xmax of 14mm. I want more spl but only have the space for 10's. I am thinking of upgrading to 2 ssoundqubed 10 inch hdc subs. They each have an rms rating of 1500 watts and an Xmax of 36mm. My current setup only has around 150 watts to each sub. If I upgraded subs and amplifier, how much louder would these be?
If you get a correct amp to push them and do the neccesary electrical upgrades to handle that kimd of power it will be night and day diff..whats ur budget and are u willing to upgrade to a ho alt or a extra battery?

My budget is around $750. Do I just need a capacitor or something more than that?
Capacitors are junk ..extra agm batteries and ho alts are what you use at higher power levels..with that budget u wont be able to do what u want with the hdc3 10s...but here is what i would do ...buy 2 soundqubed hds310s they are 139 each ..have a custom box designed and built for them ..then buy a ppi bk1800.1 they are 200..run 1/0 wire thru the car and do the big 3 and replace the battery under the hood with a good agm ....set the gains correctly on that amp and you should be in pretty good shape..and miles beyond where you are now..all that will be at or or a lil over ur budget depending on what type of batteries u can get in ur area...do u have a sams club local?

I agree with the post above. I've got a PPI 1800.1 and I love it. It pushes my DAD 15 all day and doesn't even get warm. I think I paid $215 or something from sonic electronics. I plan on going with an agm from sams and doing the big 3 very soon also. Goodluck!

I agree with the post above. I've got a PPI 1800.1 and I love it. It pushes my DAD 15 all day and doesn't even get warm. I think I paid $215 or something from sonic electronics. I plan on going with an agm from sams and doing the big 3 very soon also. Goodluck!
All the current bk models are being discontinued so its 199 now ..new line coming out soon..the bk line is solid i run the bk800.4 on my mids and tweets .gobs of power

All the current bk models are being discontinued so its 199 now ..new line coming out soon..the bk line is solid i run the bk800.4 on my mids and tweets .gobs of power
Discontinued? Well ****.. I better get my hands on something to run my mids and tweets then too. I was looking at an 800.4 or something around that area also..

Does anyone know what the recomended ported box volume is for the hds310? Also i drive a camaro and the battery is in the trunk under the carpet. What kind of battery should i get?

Does anyone know what the recomended ported box volume is for the hds310? Also i drive a camaro and the battery is in the trunk under the carpet. What kind of battery should i get?
Needa around 3 cubes after port and sub displacment..and get a g34 duracell agm from sams if u have one in the area they are 130 bux

That isn't bad.. Maybe looking at a i520.4 or i350.2 due to them being much smaller in size than the 800.4.. I can't decide
The 800.4 is almost same size as the Bk1800...u can build a amp rack and stack them on top if each other like i did with my aq3500 takes up no more room

That looks really good. I'll have to look into building one. I've got a 2011 Chrysler 200. It's got a pretty large trunk. But after the 1800.1 plus my single 15 in a 2.5 cube box it's getting pretty full.

That looks really good. I'll have to look into building one. I've got a 2011 Chrysler 200. It's got a pretty large trunk. But after the 1800.1 plus my single 15 in a 2.5 cube box it's getting pretty full.
Yea that way u would only be taking up around 4" of height..very simple to make

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.