Little help deciding on how many subs

xile

Ok guys heres the deal. I got 4 dc audio xl 18's they are d1 voice coils and the amp being used is a dc 9k. As you know running 4 subs my wireing options are .5 ohm or 2 ohm. Before anyone ask why I didn't get d2 subs it was all at package deal at at great price. Now the question is would I get more db's running all 4 at 2 ohm or running 3 at 1.5 ohm. Amp is rated at 4800 rms at 2 ohm and if my math is right it should put out around 6800 rms at 1.5 ohm. So whats the better setup.

Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Dc doesn't rate the 9k at .5 ohm stable. Some say you can do it others say don't. Not brave enough to risk trashing the amp.

If u have the electrical that bltch will run .5ohm all day. Like a 350amp alt and 8 d3100batts or dual alts and acouple batts
Yea the 8 3100's would kill me for weight. Im riding on 35 series tires. I planned on running 4 deka g31 batts in the back and 1 up front. Still looking for a alternator.

Yea the 8 3100's would kill me for weight. Im riding on 35 series tires. I planned on running 4 deka g31 batts in the back and 1 up front. Still looking for a alternator.

Lol lo pros usually have a good weight limit do to the small stuff side wall.. I'm on 30series tires and have tons on weight.

I wounder if anyone has clamped a 9k at .5 ohm might have to hijack me a truck full of batteries

Any other thoughts on this. Im really on the fence and want to start building my box soon.

Do 4 at 2 ohmIf your voltage is stable wire to .5ohm and let her rip!
I was leaning towards 4 @ 2 ohm. Going to use a xs vdc controller so hopefully the little added voltage will yield a little more power at 2 ohm

Ok guys heres the deal. I got 4 dc audio xl 18's they are d1 voice coils and the amp being used is a dc 9k. As you know running 4 subs my wireing options are .5 ohm or 2 ohm. Before anyone ask why I didn't get d2 subs it was all at package deal at at great price. Now the question is would I get more db's running all 4 at 2 ohm or running 3 at 1.5 ohm. Amp is rated at 4800 rms at 2 ohm and if my math is right it should put out around 6800 rms at 1.5 ohm. So whats the better setup. Thanks.

DO you have a high output alternator. Extra batts. power wire upgrades?

DO you have a high output alternator. Extra batts. power wire upgrades?
Yes. The plan for electrical will be a single HO alternator 1 deka g31 up front and 4 in the back. 2 runs of true 2/0 ofc positive and negative to the back. Also getting a xs vcb controller

Yes. The plan for electrical will be a single HO alternator 1 deka g31 up front and 4 in the back. 2 runs of true 2/0 ofc positive and negative to the back. Also getting a xs vcb controller
Well, when you do that, drop the impedance to .5 ohms and go ham.

Are you 100% sure that amp will handle .5 ohm. I figured the load would be slightly higher with box rise or reactive load so to speak. Just not 100% sure on running it that low. I've searched all over and can't find any info on someone running a dc 9k at .5. Someone brought it up over on smd form and everyone said don't do it. Not saying they are right just dont want to cook a amp.

Thanks for the input.

I guess the thing to do would be wire them at .5 and clamp the amp to see what the resistive load is and go from there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.