Rural King AGM's, would you run them?

Participant count
  • Participant list

MrAcd

Senior VIP Member
GA
Looking into getting an AGM up front. Group 65. These Rural Kings batteries are dirt cheap and are just re badged Exides. The problem is if they die or something im pretty sure i will have to ship it back since there isnt a dealer anywhere near me. Its that or a Autocraft Plantnium AGM from advance auto. I did some research and Energizer uses the same cases in their AGM's and Johnson Controls makes there batteries. I know they make Optima's but i can get the Advance auto battery replaced really easy.

Does anybody run Rural Kings or Autocraft AGM's?

Both of those options are cheaper than Ducacell's, Diehards, Dekas, Superstarter O riley's. Is there really a big difference when choosing between any of these? I understand if they where Virgin lead. But do those two AGM's seem fine?

Might throw a bunch of Rural King batteries in my truck. Btw instead of getting a HO alt or getting my rewound i can use the stock 160amp alt that comes with the Durango. So I hope that should be enough to run my amp at 1 ohm (dont think im going to try .5) Hoping to go find one at a junk hard

Looking into getting an AGM up front. Group 65. These Rural Kings batteries are dirt cheap and are just re badged Exides. The problem is if they die or something im pretty sure i will have to ship it back since there isnt a dealer anywhere near me. Its that or a Autocraft Plantnium AGM from advance auto. I did some research and Energizer uses the same cases in their AGM's and Johnson Controls makes there batteries. I know they make Optima's but i can get the Advance auto battery replaced really easy.
Does anybody run Rural Kings or Autocraft AGM's?

Both of those options are cheaper than Ducacell's, Diehards, Dekas, Superstarter O riley's. Is there really a big difference when choosing between any of these? I understand if they where Virgin lead. But do those two AGM's seem fine?
Do you have a link to these batteries ?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.