Little granny car... with a 15" in the backseat

justafifteen
10+ year member

And that's the truth.
Sold the expedition. I'm driving my first car again, a little 1991 dodge spirit. Gotta be rollin' around with them deebeez man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsupwink.gif.129404938effda6ad9cca39e7f4b58a3.gif

The equipment that is in my signature is going in.

I'll post some pictures later, it's windy as shit outside right now.

Today I built a rack to level out the sub box because the backseat is slanted. Came out great. Used almost 10ft of 2x4 and a couple feet of 1x2. Should be nice and loud in that little car!

-----------

Got the sub out

pLDco.jpg

Starting paint

3jjJN.jpg

mrkY4.jpg

tNdeO.jpg

YoQea.jpg

Paint wasn't done drying so there's reflections //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont get it...aaand the back seat???shoukd just remove the seats and build a beauty panel to make it look cool

Well my box isn't big enough to warrant removing the whole back seat. I have it taking up 2/3 of the seat, so someone can still sit on the one end. I also didn't want anything permanent, because it's a really nice car that I can resell one day.

Well my box isn't big enough to warrant removing the whole back seat. I have it taking up 2/3 of the seat, so someone can still sit on the one end. I also didn't want anything permanent, because it's a really nice car that I can resell one day.
Pictures of said someone when you wreck.

My box is too big to fit in the trunk. It'll look fine in the backseat. You'll see once I get pictures up. I'm not trying to make it some awesome build that looks amazing, just a temporary system in my college car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit -- Also, what Bfat said. My spare is in my trunk. I don't want a heavy *** box covering it when I need to change a tire.

Why? i dont have a back seat. Ive got a platform built for my subs and love it that way. Plus it leaves my trunk for all my shit.
If it's in on the back seat, that advertises to every potential thief who walks by that you have a system.

If it's in on the back seat, that advertises to every potential thief who walks by that you have a system.
It's not any different than having it in the very back of my Expedition.

Besides, my area is too low-population for anyone to steal it. Very low crime rates around here. When I go to Vegas, though, I cover it up with a sheet the same color as my interior

Why? Like OP said its no different than it being the back of an suv, which is what mine was prior to having a car. And mine is not on the back seat...it is the back seat.

So this isnt a post dump: OP nice start with the box.

back seat boxes are where its at. aint nothing like sayin "sorry buddy, not gonna be hindu packin my car to drive all you guys to the party" plus being able to get at your spare plus being able to store as much stuff as you could in the regular trunk. ive got tinted windows (only the rears) and all i do is throw a black blanket over em when i park it or just leave the blanket on all the time.

Unless you are building a wall or something crazy in the back seat like Pioneer Saturn then it isn't going to sound no where like it could in the trunk.

You think it will, but betcha it would be night and day difference if you compared.

I think it is the funnies when I see a random sub box in a cars back seat......Also I can access my spare tire...creativity my friend.

Also what do you mean the car is too nice to put a sub in the trunk? lol!

You guys serious about it being quiet? Why wouldn't it be loud?

Car isn't too nice for the sub to be in the trunk; it's too nice to rip out the back seat.

Currently waiting on warmer weather to finish putting all the equipment in. That, and also waiting for my components and ring terminals to get here.

Got the sub installed into the box today, with a much cleaner wiring job than before. Also got the rack wrapped in carpet and installed a brace on it. Sub box isn't goin anywhere //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.