little competition 'round herr!!

traksta15
10+ year member

I love lamp.
ok, this kid at my school has 2 12" alumq's with a rf power 800 amp, in a ford explorer.....my question is what would it take to beat him out in a sound off??i was thinkin bout 2 solobaric 12's, but i cant fit this in an 87 chevy reg. cab...what about solobaric 10s? how many would it take to beat him out??what kicker amps should i use???any help would be appreciated even if you think this is immature....hey!? this is what high school is all about, gettin in somebodies face and sayin "haha im better than you!"

WELL, that is also a CONSIDRABLE amount of money man. The diamond equipment would cost PLENTY more than $1000, the 12's with amps more than $2000. SO, what is ur max budget u want to spend on subs/amp man? then i'd be able to help you out more. peace

NG

abahn is known for spl. he also has a ton more room then you. i dont think you will be able to beat him in a reg cabin pickup truck. unless you buy very high end equipment.

Talk to Rangerman and a few others, they know their pickups. And yes, you can beat audiobahn no problem with the right setup.

yeah, i definitely have a pickup...

Also, dustin's (aka rangerman's) was pure spl system. It was ONLY in his truck when he went to a competition. SO, not the best bet box/design wise. Basically, you are going to need to sacrifice some room...move up your seat till it's a lil uncomfortable, and the passenger up all the way. Measure max dimenions, don't make it a perfectly rectangular box...u'll lose space. You are going to NEED a ported enlosure, i'd try to squeeze as near to 4 cubes as you can...maybe go 1 12" RE SX w/ over 1000 watts rms. Still need a budget tho to work with. peace

NG

this all depends if i can get a job at walmart, so if i get it my budget will be bout 1000-1200 after i save a lil bit, i already have like 200 saved...

i dont think you should spend your life savings on car audio equipment, but than again i'm not your father. do a modest upgrade from your rf stuff once you get the job, 1200 is way too much to be spending if walmart is your only source of income.

Wayne Brady *****!

For the price of one 10" Solo, u could prob buy 2 18" MTs, and you probably would only 15" MT ported if u like SPL.

Haven't heard it but seen the numbers.

So if u got the space i'd go for a 1 ported killer. U'll save a lot in the long run.

For the price of one 10" Solo, u could prob buy 2 18" MTs, and you probably would only 15" MT ported if u like SPL.
Haven't heard it but seen the numbers.

So if u got the space i'd go for a 1 ported killer. U'll save a lot in the long run.

WTF are you talking about? The 10" L5's are 125 a piece. I would go with about 2 of those ported with 3-400 watts on each, or if he'll let you just put a box in your seat. If you do that just buy a 15" SX and give it 1200 watts. You'll kill him with that set up.

ive found the 10" L5's for 109.00 on the internet....he has high excursions not alumq's, that was my mistake....what if i got 2 flame q's? in either 10's or 12's???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.