Line output converter

Participant count
  • Participant list

The_Councillor
10+ year member

Texas
I have a 2004 mustang and am keeping the mach 460 head unit so I need the line output converter. I get how to wire it for the most part, the only thing I don't understand is it says "Connect the brown wires to ground only if there is no sound from the amplifier."

What does that mean exactly?

not sure exactly. ask Gbob2003. i believe he has an 05 or 04 and did the same thing. when i did mine in my civic i connected the brown which was my ground to the loc ground. so maybe try it. (i use these things called t clips. they are super easy to use when ur splicing into wires so u don't have to cut the wire it just snaps on. so if ur experimenting with ur wiring try those i guess.)

Anyone? Pretty much the only thing holding me back right now is I have no clue what "connect the brown wires to ground only if there is no sound from the amplifier."

I used one of these in a friends truck last night, well just ran his wiring for him with his factory cd player. So I didnt have to tear his dash back down to get to it later on, I went ahead and ran it with the factory ground. You cant "over ground" something, so I didnt see why itd hurt anything. Just my .02 on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.