Lincoln Zephyr build log

destined2race
10+ year member

Already Being Used....
K guys so since I will hopefully be doing a custom install within the next 2-3 weeks i figure id get the log on and get the current status up. Will post some more pics, windows are tinted now and looks alot nicer w/ them done. car is nice, fully loaded w/ nice HIDs heated/aircond seat etc. wish it had a lil more power but its just the cruiser. As of right now heres how the system stands:

Ixos 4 ga power kit

Factory navi/touchscreen headunit with a peripheral line out converter hooked up in the trunk

Factory 10 speaker THX interiors (pretty decent for factory)

Ixos RCAs

TMA 500.1 sub amp

1 12w6v2 in a ported box

As of right now were gonna do a stealth install look when you open the trunk, have the subs facing the back seats(both fold down) sealed in with a ported box. I picked up a pair of 13.5w1v2s from my buddy for $75 so im gonna try those first. My buddy does some phenomenal work and im hoping he can maybe make the box somewhat versatile so if i wanna go up to w3 or even 6s we could just swap em out

I know building a box to spec for a certain speaker makes it tricky, but at least gave him the idea to think about.

Picture139.jpg

So 2nd part. Heres what i will be putting into the rest of the stereo in the next few weeks. Got killer deals on all this stuff

Eclipse AVN6600 Navi/DVD

JL Audio 2ga kit w/ 100a fuse holder

JL audio 500/1

JL audio Blue Line RCAs

2 13.5w1v2s (maybe w3s)

Harness adapter for new HU to process the thx system and retain steering wheel controls etc....

I know alot of you dont like jl so lets just stick to the install itself then here please. Prices i paid are hard to beat, i think with the 5v Eclipse DD should really improve the interiors and be a big step up from current setup. and ive actually been runing an old school 12w0 for the last few days. think ill leave it in there til the new stuff gets done. ill get some more pics up and once i wanna pay the $100 just to get a harness and dash kit(stupid thx system got me) and put the new wires and deck in first!

Ok so time to update this thing, its been a while. The first few posts are obsolete now... Just got the box in, this is my DD so i just wanted something to look clean, save me a lil bit of trunk space and still sound great. And definately seems louder than running the w7 in the JL HO box. Still gotta get the back panel done in a few weeks. Ill have to get the pics off my work pc for some of the box construction shots. My buddy Jeff did some great work on this setup. Heres whats ended up in the install right now:

Factory Nav/Touchscreen HU

Factory 11 speaker THX interiors

JL Audio 2ga kit

JL AUdio RCAs

SVR80 Battcap

JL Audio 12w7

Kicker ZX 1500.1

setupwork.jpg

Picture227.jpg

box1.jpg

box shot

box2.jpg

in the trunk

box3.jpg

another box shot

setup1.jpg

starting installing the accessories

box4.jpg

platform for battery and fuse holders

accessory1.jpg

gonna change the wires around, just wanted to get something hooked up to test it out. Will upgrade some of them and of course a little better color coordination.

setup2.jpg

with the zx 1500 all hooked up and mounted

setup3.jpg

inside shot. Sealed into the cab, black vinyl face with raised w7 logo and blue led strip. I know its not alot of "your taste" but i got the whole setup super cheap and it sounds pretty good. More work to come soon!

also, we took the spare out since it wouldnt be reachable anyways and build a support platform under there. Im thinking of just doing a stealth panel when we get the trunk finished off. Once i get a HD 750 or something similiar ill mount that on the right side of the box and then well put up the back panel.

thanks guys, i honestly got about $800 in the build and the sub still has 1.5 years warranty from local dealer. For the w7 logo we took some prints online, made a template and then hot glued a cut out down. Getting the vinyl good around the edges always takes a little time but i definately like it. Im thinking of maybe doing a lil more of an spl build in my trailblazer next summer with some AQs or sumn similiar.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dig the car., and the box is pretty sweet.
thx, and ya BetternReverse i kinda more liked the zephyr idea since they only called it that one year. But kinda wanna be a little creative, i know a lot of people just put the car symbol or name on there installs. sometimes still looks good tho.

K so got a bunch of more work done. I know, I know its JL but i get killer prices on this stuff. And i will eventually be swapping out the excelon amps for a 5 channel audisson or matchin jl amps i think. Heres how shes fitted right now:

Kenwood DDX318 4v DD

Fronts - JL c2 6.5" Comp set

Rears - JL VR 6" comp set

comp's amp - eXcelon x600f

Sub - 12w7 3cu ported, sealed into cab

Sub Amp - eXcelon 1200m

Heres some shots getting in the fronts, had to trim the door panels a little, and make some templates. Tweets fit in perfect.

IMAG0448.jpg

IMAG0451.jpg

IMAG0453.jpg

IMAG0454.jpg

IMAG0459.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.