LiL help...advice on amp....

Participant count
  • Participant list
Ditch the Pyles. It's really difficult to recommend an amp for subs that cheap, because nobody knows how much power they can actually handle.

Got two 10" Pyle PLPW10D's
500 RMS each
& Two Pro TWK1/BK DS18 Tweeters 120 RMS each any suggestion of a certain amp or wattage of amp very much appreciated!!! Currently purchasing the material to make box for 2 pyle 10's
Are you wanting to put both subs and tweeters in the same box? Like a chuchero? Chuchero is not an insult, it is a speaker box with woofers and tweeters in it.

Are you wanting to put both subs and tweeters in the same box? Like a chuchero? Chuchero is not an insult, it is a speaker box with woofers and tweeters in it.
Lmfao, no insult here..
I would like to if possible, got plans for ported box, see attch, the red dots is where debating on tweeters. Either mount the 2 on the face or put them on top pointing upwards. If its not good idea or wont work in that application then maybe just in seperate box. Listen I know the pyles aint good, they were real cheap & easy to replace, Im 41yrs old married w/2 boys, not looking to rattle the mirrors off on the family travel ice hockey vehicle & not trying to turn heads, just wanna add some volume & bass. Im a Newb w/car audio, all my friends had crazy systems growing up, back then my $ went elsewhere...on stupid ****,
**** im def not proud of, or even proud to speak of. Now im lil older but prob not much wiser either, 😁 worked with hands my whole life, currently union elevator constructor, so theres no prob building, wiring or installing anything!! BUT.......Im not good w/researching internet & cant just yet wrap head round the whole concept of matching amps w/subs, RMS watts, max watts...& so on but that'll be soon, prob after doing it myself......
I got a pair of
DS18 PRO-TWX1/BK
Type: Super Bullet Tweeter
RMS Power: 120 Watts
MAX Power: 240 Watts
Diaphragm Material: Aluminum
Sensitivity: 103dB
Impedance: 4 Ohms
Voice Coil Diameter 1"
Frequency Response: 3.5KHz - 20KHz

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210504-082234_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20210504-082234_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 55
Now im lil older but prob not much wiser either,
Nah, wisdom means knowing the difference between right and wrong and doing the right. Our past decisions are what molded us to the persons we are today, and now you can impart wisdom to your kids from a firsthand perspective. I've played hard too, so no judgement here.
As for tweeter mounting location, I would mount them on the face. I assume you have an suv/van, and sub box will go in the back with the subs pointed back. If you mount tweeters on top, anyone sitting back there will get a direct earful of high frequency music. This is painful to most people and bullet tweeters get especially loud.
As for sub/amp matching, you just add the RMS rating of both subs, and use an amp that falls withing that rating. Ignore Max power claims, those are useless. Also important is Ohms rating. If your subs are single 4 Ohms voice coil, you will look for an amp that can play at 2 Ohms. This is because you divide the 4 Ohms by 2 voice coils, which results in 2 Ohms. As for amp power wire, I would use 4 awg. Make sure it say 4 AWG and not 4 Gauge. 4 Gauge is International Standard which counts the sheilding as part of the measurement.
Nice box BTW. Is that the manufacturer recomnended specs?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...