lights in accord 2015

Participant count
  • Participant list

greg2018

CarAudio.com Newbie
It seems like the right place to ask this question as no honda dealer was helpful. If something is no in honda manual they won't help.

What I want is to have light switch on "auto" mode and tail lights always on (day or night).

Any help?

https://techinfo.honda.com/

This is the Honda service manual site that gives you the same access as the dealer would have.  They won't do custom work but you can buy a 1-day subscription and download as much information as you want (to PDF).   From here you can download all of the wiring diagrams and get harness pin-outs.  You will need to be able to read schematics and I recommend soldering all connections.

You will need to intercept the factory wiring, likely using a relay, to tie the tail lights to the daytime running lights or ignition.  A relay allows you to control the lights without adding any load to the circuit you get the control signal from.  The control signal would power the relay coil and power the tail lights from a battery or ignition source (recommend from a fuse tap on the tail light fuse).

With a 5pin relay you could use the daytime running lights to control the relay.  Then when daytime running lights are off (i.e. when lights are on) the relay coil would be de-energized and the N.C. contact would reconnect the tail lights to the normal feed. 

Or you can just power the relay from an ignition source and force the tail lights on anytime the car is on.  You'll have to be careful to not affect the brake lights or turn signals.

Also, if this modification fails due to connection issues or fuses and your tail lights turn off, any resulting damage (i.e. vehicle accident) would give your insurance carrier reason to not cover the car (due to you modifying what they would classify as a safety system).  Just an FYI.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.