Lethal injection 12”

Not being able to sell their top woofers has to hit deep in the pockets.
Doubtful. For just about any business it's 85% of your money tied up into 15% of your product line and that stuff is the least profitable and sells the slowest. There's a name for this and it's true at any scale. My grandfather was an executive at IBM through their haydays from shortly after the end of WW2 through around 1990 when he retired mentioned this to me. It is true for fortune 500 giants and has been true in businesses I've run.

I'm very confident DC sells 100 LV2 for every LV6 they sell. If their bread and butter were the top end they'd be prioritizing delivery on those from China. There's a reason that even the ultra high end brands all have an entry level line.

Doubtful. For just about any business it's 85% of your money tied up into 15% of your product line and that stuff is the least profitable and sells the slowest. There's a name for this and it's true at any scale. My grandfather was an executive at IBM through their haydays from shortly after the end of WW2 through around 1990 when he retired mentioned this to me. It is true for fortune 500 giants and has been true in businesses I've run.

I'm very confident DC sells 100 LV2 for every LV6 they sell. If their bread and butter were the top end they'd be prioritizing delivery on those from China. There's a reason that even the ultra high end brands all have an entry level line.

It's still gotta hurt them though, it's not a good thing that DC is out of subs, but there you go proving me wrong again, like it's a ok that DC is out of subs lol. And I care that DC is out of high end subs, because those are usually the ones I design for. Yeah, I realize mass selling of profitable woofers is the bread and butter, but you can't tell me not having like half of your woofer lineup isn't affecting your bottom end lol, come on. My point too is what happens if the smaller motors are out next, you know? I don't like the way this looks at all, with the way the economy is wrecked.

So what’s the deal with IA? are they out of materials, short of help? Or? I understand that they build to order but I ordered a standard Lethal Injection 12” with no extras. Would have been nice if they had had some already made up. Heck, I Really do not know how all that works.

I think they build everything but the I series in house. I’m sure it’s a combination of shortage of parts and higher demand. You don’t see much online but apparently they do very well in B&M stores.

but you can't tell me not having like half of your woofer lineup isn't affecting your bottom end
Probably not by as much as you would think. Really all this means is that we still have more price increases to come before the market finds equilibrium.

If this is hurting you though, it's not hurting DC long term. Either people are dead set on buying DC and will wait to give them (and you) their money when they restock or they'll shop elsewhere and they'll still come to you for design of Sundown, SSA, Fi, or whoever can keep that tier product line in stock.

Looks like D4S sells the stock version and SSA sells them with upgrades if needed. D4S probably moves so much product he isn’t going to mess with that side of it. Damn, you could have been bumping months ago 😂

I would rather have the upgrade version instead. SSA does a lot of custom options on their subwoofers. And usually it is either free or it doesn't cost very much to upgrade. Everyone is waiting on parts to show up. Doesn't matter the industry right now. Going to be that way for a another year or two I would imagine. Even if all the parts are made here in the US people are just not getting out parts or stock as fast as they were before COVID. A lot of companies took hits with employees. Even recently when I went to rebuild the rear diff I was told 3-4 months on some of the parts. Thankfully I got lucky and found 2 places that had everything in stock that I needed but I paid a few bucks extra to get them. Sadly just how it is right now.

Looks like D4S sells the stock version and SSA sells them with upgrades if needed. D4S probably moves so much product he isn’t going to mess with that side of it. Damn, you could have been bumping months ago 😂

You can get the upgrades at Down4Sound as well.

20210718_223604.jpg

Any update? I saw you were interested in that SSA Icon posting. If so, I wouldn’t hesitate. I am loving mine. I’m thinking about putting the LI in soon to see how it compares.

Any update? I saw you were interested in that SSA Icon posting. If so, I wouldn’t hesitate. I am loving mine. I’m thinking about putting the LI in soon to see how it compares.
No luck yet man. Last I was told, they were waiting for the glue to dry and it should be shipped out mid to late this week. So, we shall see. That Icon was tempting but I need to stop my impulse buying,lol. I’m going to wait til the end of this week and see if there is any progress. If not, I may just buy me another sub that will work well in my box.

No luck yet man. Last I was told, they were waiting for the glue to dry and it should be shipped out mid to late this week. So, we shall see. That Icon was tempting but I need to stop my impulse buying,lol. I’m going to wait til the end of this week and see if there is any progress. If not, I may just buy me another sub that will work well in my box.

Lmk if you need any help with that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...