Lethal injection 12”

This is the box with the areoports
Can you shorten or lengthen them to change the tune if need
It's going to be hard to find a sub with the exact same parameters
The Icon 12 is within the space requirements (just) but it's 29-33 on the tune
Just thought I would throw that out there
That SA-12 seems to be a good match
As much as I like the icon if I was trying to match the Lethal Injections numbers the SA is what I would most likely go with

As much as I like the icon if I was trying to match the Lethal Injections numbers the SA is what I would most likely go with
I agree as well just as you and Buck suggested, the SA12 may be the best match up. I’m going to try and contact IA today and see if my sub will actually be shipped out today or whatever. I’m a patient guy but d@mn, this wait is getting ridiculous .

Nick from Incriminator just called me. Said my sub is packaged up and should ship out today if not Monday but should be today. Real nice guy. So soon hopefully 🤞

Hell yeah man! IA is a great company, I'm glad it all got worked out. Now I hope my box performs! LOL

I did that PVC box with 2x 4 inchers right? Center console-like box?

That's just recommended tuning. You can tune to whatever you want, basically. You just have to do it correctly, understand what you want, etc. You could easily have an ICON in a 35 hz box, if that's what somebody needed or wanted. You can put the ICON in a 25 hz box too. Some people do that, for more hardcore SQ reasons. It's whatever you want, that's why it's fun, to me.

That's just recommended tuning. You can tune to whatever you want, basically. You just have to do it correctly, understand what you want, etc. You could easily have an ICON in a 35 hz box, if that's what somebody needed or wanted. You can put the ICON in a 25 hz box too. Some people do that, for more hardcore SQ reasons. It's whatever you want, that's why it's fun, to me.
Ok, I see
So in theory could he take that 1.8 box @ 35 and make it play at 30 or 40 if he wanted?
Would it be a matter of changing the size of the port?
Longer, shorter, wider?
I'm not questioning you I'm just trying to make sure I have a grasp on the basics of box building.
Everytime I think I do something comes up that make me question what I think I know.
@Ridinhi- Sorry for jacking your thread for this.

Ok, I see
So in theory could he take that 1.8 box @ 35 and make it play at 30 or 40 if he wanted?
Would it be a matter of changing the size of the port?
Longer, shorter, wider?
I'm not questioning you I'm just trying to make sure I have a grasp on the basics of box building.
Everytime I think I do something comes up that make me question what I think I know.
@Ridinhi- Sorry for jacking your thread for this.

You're all good man, those are legit questions.

You can lengthen the port or shorten it to change tuning. How this change is done matters; if the port is made longer and the port is all internal, then you can lose airspace, which changes literally everything. So, say you made an aero port longer inside of a box, then you'd want to calculate everything that changes, all together at once

Changing the port area can greatly affect how a system plays. I use port area sizes to manipulate how the box plays, you can control impedance changes, somewhat, when you understand the relationship of port sizes, box net airspace, and port tuning. You can purposefully limit a sub's movement with combinations of previous mentioned factors, and that can really help with voltages, overall system stability and bandwidth. It's all box by box dependent. It's all custom to the user and their system.

Sometimes I adjust box sizes based off wanted tuning. Sometimes subs like a certain box size, regardless of tuning, to whatever extent. In short, yes, you can change the sound of any box by modifying the port. In larger bandpasses, such as walls and blow throughs, I try to leave or fundamentally integrate the option of potential port changes, especially in series 6th orders.

I've done ported boxes that have very long removable ports, so a 40-45 hz port could be put in for SPL. You literally just unbolt the port and pull out a daily skinnier port that's like 30" long or so, and drop in a port that's shorter with a huge port area, for SPL burping. If the layout and space allows, I can design enclosures with adjustable or replaceable ports, I do it somewhat regularly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...