Lanzar amps

Ive read the old Lanzar Vibes are good. The ones that have a redish and gold logo plate.

I think this is it:

vibe1200D.jpg

I didnt read it all but my opinion on lanzar amps - the old lanzar are good amps, talking like 15 years ago. the new ones i have no idea. opinion on worst enemy - dumbass punk kid who thinks he knows everything but has no experience with anything.

That is a cool story. Looks like it was Beatdowns fault he got "scammed". Oh well at least he still got his money back on the deal.
No, it was your fault he got scammed. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

It happened because you're a stupid, low character piece of ****...

Ive read the old Lanzar Vibes are good. The ones that have a redish and gold logo plate.
I think this is it:

vibe1200D.jpg
I've actually heard a similar story on the Vibes. At the very least, it isn't a hideous amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

1200D Specs

Price & Contact: $519; 800-765-7686; Lanzar Car Audio

All measurements @ 14 volts unless otherwise specified.

Frequency Response (4-ohm IHF Load 100 Hz Ref. crossover @ highest setting): +1.2 dB, –3 dB @ 288 Hz

L/R channel error max deviation 20 Hz to 20 kHz: N/A

Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Below Rated Output, “A” weighted): -82.4 dB

Distortion at Rated Output @ 60 Hz: 0.8% @ 1200 watts

Output Power (Resistive) (4 ohms @ 60 Hz to 1% THD+N): 469 watts @ 14 volts, 456 watts @ 12.8 volts, 305 watts @ 10.5 volts

Output Power (Resistive) (2 ohms @ 60 Hz to 1% THD+N): 762 watts @ 14 volts, 748 watts @ 12.8 volts, 486 watts @ 10.5 watts

Output Power (Resistive) (1 ohm @ 60 Hz to 1% THD+N): 1262 watts @ 14 volts, 1007 watts @ 12.8 volts, 696 watts @ 10.5volts

Output Power (Reactive) {4-ohm IHF Load @ 60 Hz to 1% THD+N): 484 watts

Output Power (Reactive) (2-ohm IHF Load @ 60 Hz to 1% THD+N): 893 watts

Crosstalk @ rated output, 20 Hz to 20 kHz: N/A

Damping Factor @ 100 Hz: 45

Voltage for Rated Output: 376 mV to 2.9 volts

Idle Current Draw: 1 amp

Current Draw @ 1/3 Maximum Power: 44.7 amps @ 421 watts

Efficiency @ 1/3 Maximum Power: 67%

Power-Up Noise: 41.4 dB SPL

Power-Down Noise: 45.7dB SPL

by Brian Smith

The Vibe 1200D is a single-channel, class D subwoofer amp rated at 400 watts into 4 ohms, 750 watts into 2 ohms, and 1200 watts into 1 ohm. Features include variable low-pass crossover and subsonic filter, polarity reversal switch, line outputs, and wired remote gain control. The remote connects to the amp via the tried-and-true telephone-style cable and connectors although the interface is a push-button arrangement rather than the usual knob.

Performance

The 1200D is, hands down, one of the best things that I’ve ever seen from Lanzar. I’ll go ahead and tell ya’, I get a real skeptical feeling every time I see a 1-ohm power rating. Our 1-ohm test load has little notches in it representing each amp that released the magic smoke after a brief but passionate encounter. The 1200D not only kept in its smoke, but it seemed relatively comfortable with all of our test loads at, and beyond, its power ratings. If you are absolutely intent on spec shopping, then you will likely find other units with better numbers in some of the more meaningless categories. However, the 1200D has the important stuff covered. It produces lots of low-frequency power into both resistive and reactive loads and does so with class D efficiency.

Connections & Adjustments

Connections to the 1200D include RCA line-level inputs and outputs, wired remote receptacle, and captive-type terminal blocks for power, speaker and remote turn-on connections. Power and ground connections accept 4-gauge, while the speaker and remote turn-on connections accept 8-gauge wire. Adjustments include input sensitivity, a polarity reversal switch, subsonic filter cutoff frequency, and crossover cutoff frequency. Both the subsonic filter and the crossover provide continuously variable controls. The subsonic filter provides a 24 dB-per-octave slope and is variable over a range of 15 Hz to 52 Hz. The crossover provides an 18 dB-per-octave slope and is variable over a range of 51 Hz to 288 Hz. The wired remote is essentially a series input sensitivity control capable of varying the amp’s full sensitivity range only when the control on the amp is set to maximum.

Installation

Installation of the 1200D should be reasonably worry-free. It’s a bit larger than most of the class D units that we’ve seen, but it’s awfully hard to gripe about the size of a 1200-watt amp that you can hold with one hand. The 1200D has a healthy appetite, especially when driving low impedance loads. Of course, it’s not the current hog that a class A/B amp in this power range would be, but if you do the math, it turns out that making a kilowatt from a 12-volt system takes a boatload of amperage no matter how efficient the amp is. It stands to reason that if you need 100+ amps from a low-voltage power supply (i.e., your battery and alternator) then you should try to minimize the length of cable that you’re drawing the power through. Wire with a large cross-sectional area wouldn’t be a bad idea either.

The subsonic filter should be a huge benefit to those with tuned subwoofers and its cutoff frequency is thankfully adjustable to below 20 Hz for the rest of us as well. The crossover is also adjustable over a relatively sensible range although a bit more range at the lower end wouldn’t hurt.

If a company produces 80% trash and 20% decent product, they're still trash. Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, Infinity, etc., all produce multiple levels of equipment and do so with universal quality. When Lanzar can do the same, I'll elevate my choice of descriptive phrase.
If I'm going to spend a bunch of money for a "top quality" amp, I'm going to buy from a top quality company.
Who cares about the company? It is all about the product *****.

To the OP, all the newer lower lanzar lines like the Vector and Max series or garbage. On par with Boss and the like. If you can understand that you are only getting like 40% of claimed rated power, than perhaps it is more suitable

The company is what makes the Product.....
So if Boss made a true 5000 rms amp you wouldn't buy it? Even after folks on here said it was a nice quality budget amp and it did rated? All Lanzar products have dropped in quality besides the Opti line.

The lanzar max282 is a shitty amp I have personal experience it's sitting in my car right now. Whenever I think about it I think about the money I wasted. It clips, doesn't do rated **** I think mine is hardly doing 500rms bridged at 4 ohms. I don't even play my woofers anymore because it's no good with that amp I'm waiting for my next check and I'm buying a DSC 1500

People do 155-158 in the trunk all the time with 1 sub. What is so crazy about 160 in the trunk with 6000k rms? You mad?
This whole thing... Nobody has EVER done a 160 out of the trunk, so that's one reason it might be considered crazy (unless you consider "trunk" anything behind the rearmost seat) and a 158 all the time isn't common either. Tim D from SWAT did a 156.5ish at world finals 09 and that was a world record. He did a 58 the night before, but that doesn't count. In any case he had more than one sub and it was still a feat...

So if Boss made a true 5000 rms amp you wouldn't buy it? Even after folks on here said it was a nice quality budget amp and it did rated? All Lanzar products have dropped in quality besides the Opti line.
no i wouldn't, because it would be giving out dirty clipped power. And point being, boss doesn't make true rms amps so stfu.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.