L7S vs ZV6 sundown

The ZV6 and L7 are wildly different subs. The Zv6 can handle 2500 watts rms, or more. The L7 is 750 rms. The ZV6 has the potential to get louder if the enclosure, power and install is solid.

The subjects on this forum always either make me cringe or wonder.
Comparing Zv6 to L7's is obvious to anyone willing to open a new tab online and read. Obviously the Sundown is superior if massive spl down low is your goal. The L7 is very versatile and works great on lower power. The extra cone area is why kicker nuthuggers always start up. It's an advantage yes... But against a well setup Zv6?
I love this place

Never heard of that brand
They're basically the Chuck Norris of car audio.
The subjects on this forum always either make me cringe or wonder.
Comparing Zv6 to L7's is obvious to anyone willing to open a new tab online and read. Obviously the Sundown is superior if massive spl down low is your goal. The L7 is very versatile and works great on lower power. The extra cone area is why kicker nuthuggers always start up. It's an advantage yes... But against a well setup Zv6?
I love this place
It's definitely a strange discussion, but I reckon if you were limited to a 500W amp I could make an L7 louder than the NSV6 even if we equalized for cone area. Everything we do to gain power handling comes at the expense of efficiency and at low power your efficiency gains for low power soft suspension and lower moving mass would all be in your favor using 600-700W rated Kicker, JL, Alpine, or similar tier. For what its worth I've seen plenty of kicker subs doing respectable numbers for the power on them at shows over the years.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...