Kxa1600.1 is it enough?

Participant count
  • Participant list

KoolMuziK🎼🔊🔊

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys, new here, sorry if asking the same question. Please help!
(Speakers) 2 12inch L7S in kicker ported box wired at 2 ohm.
(Amplifier) kxa 1600.1 mono
Is this enough to get that rumbling bass?
I 1st installed it and i know it has potential. But my 1st time with the kicker brand.
I feel like maybe not enough power going to amp as it hits on bigger bass and loud volume it goes into protection mode. I lower the volume a bit and itll play fine, just not hitting as i think they should. Gain is matched to the head unit, the rest of the "kick" eq is kind of hard to deal with, so maybe some help on recommended settings for that part.
Due to the protection mode coming on at hard bass and high volume i went on to inspect the batteries and alternator.
I replaced the alternator with a stock unit as my last one was charging at about 11.1.
I went ahead and wired the "Big 3"
(Batteries) 1 yellow top in engine bay,and in the trunk is a red top (both optima)
0 gauge wires ,"big fuses" ect.
In a nut shell is the amp going to push these L7s the way they should? Do i have enough power to handle the system as ive heard these amps need lots of power?
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.