KnuKonceptz claimed ampacity

I have a single 4 awg cable on my bench about 5 ft long that has been used to test nearly every amplifier ever shipped from Sundown Audio... it is not melted, FYI.
I pulled 150 amps through it for 30 minutes yesterday (measured current) and it was just getting warm.

We have tested 30-40 SAZ-3500Ds back to back on this same cable cable for a few minutes at a time... just enough time to unhook one and hook up the next. Still not melted.

MakeshiftAudio = knows what he is talking about here
4AWG is rated for 140 amps in free air. You weren't pushing it too much. Start it out at 200+ degrees (as in underhood) then hit it with 150 amps and see what happens. It would be hot to start with (I consider 200 degrees hot) and get much hotter. Not a good idea. **** gets kinda hot under the hood.

How many people have underhood temperatures of over 200 degrees? Inside the engine or near the exhaust manifold sure, but the majority of your engine bay should be less than that. And if not, you have a problem. Also I've had 1/0 monster wire touch my exhaust manifold, and that's about 1000 degrees. All it did was melted the PVC coating a little bit, and turn it black, but it didn't catch fire or burn all the way through or anything.

4AWG is rated for 140 amps in free air. You weren't pushing it too much. Start it out at 200+ degrees (as in underhood) then hit it with 150 amps and see what happens. It would be hot to start with (I consider 200 degrees hot) and get much hotter. Not a good idea. **** gets kinda hot under the hood.
It's also insulated, you dense tard. The wire will not be anywhere near that hot to begin with period.

nG

It's also insulated, you dense tard. The wire will not be anywhere near that hot to begin with period.
nG
whenever you have a valid point he wont respond to your post, its like it doesnt even exist

like how he insists that 150db will result in "fatal hearing loss"

you point out that 150 db @ 45hz =/= 150 @ 1000hz, and he just ignores it and goes on to pound even more sand into his ******

nG
You're far too smart for me to argue with. You've had more thermodynamics classes than I. Put that wire in boiling water for 5 minutes. Now grab it with your bare hands. Don't worry, you won't get burnt at all because its insulated. It won't get hot. Ever. Dense tard. Neener, neener, neener I might add. Ask your science teacher, or your mommy or daddy. Now get on the short bus and go to school.

whenever you have a valid point he wont respond to your post, its like it doesnt even exist
like how he insists that 150db will result in "fatal hearing loss"

you point out that 150 db @ 45hz =/= 150 @ 1000hz, and he just ignores it and goes on to pound even more sand into his ******
You've never heard 150 dB of full range music in your life. If you did your hearing would be gone.. virtually instantly... no questions asked. 120's do permanent damage. "Bumpin" "burpin" bass fails to qualify as music. It's noise that certainly has less effect on an eardrum. Most of it can't actually be heard. Yes it can be felt. **** shakes. I never felt that at a Grateful Dead concert. They came up with the wall of sound. They used McIntosh amps BTW. I'm quite sure all your rice burners' systems are better than anything the Grateful Dead could come up with. They're old or dead and couldn't possibly know more than you. LOL Been there, done that and have a tee shirt.

You've never heard 150 dB of full range music in your life. If you did your hearing would be gone.. virtually instantly... no questions asked. 120's do permanent damage. "Bumpin" "burpin" bass fails to qualify as music. It's noise that certainly has less effect on an eardrum. Most of it can't actually be heard. Yes it can be felt. **** shakes. I never felt that at a Grateful Dead concert. They came up with the wall of sound. They used McIntosh amps BTW. I'm quite sure all your rice burners' systems are better than anything the Grateful Dead could come up with. They're old or dead and couldn't possibly know more than you. LOL Been there, done that and have a tee shirt.
lol u mad?

Video of multiple people in 150 dbs+, big surprise, they still have their hearing.

Did you get permission from McIntosh to use their name as your user name? I don't think they'd appreciate you tarnishing they're name with your endless, incorrect rembling.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.