KnuKonceptz claimed ampacity

I guess it comes with a 200 amp fuse because ifyou follow their instructions in their manual you will not see near a 300 amp load. They say use 1/0 or 2 awg wiring and a capacitor. But yes with the right electrical to back it up the ap30001d amp does more than rated.Also they include the fuse for the amp being ran at 4 ohms. draws around 200 amps at 4 ohms. Puts out 2000 watts at 4 ohms.

Holy crap...
(thanks for the quote, btw)
Not a problem. When you want to get hurt by 120, let me know. I'd be more than happy to educate you. I have no SPL meter, just going by speaker and amp specs. Should be less than 130 anyways. If you survive an hour I'll gladly buy you dinner. 100dB/w/1m speakers at every bit of 250W=124dB. Come give it a try. Put your ***** where your mouth is. This ain't fake car stereo land. The birds leave the neighbor's trees when I crank it. It hurts even my 50 year old ears. Talk is cheap, put your hearing on the line (I won't be in the room with you).

Not a problem. When you want to get hurt by 120, let me know. I'd be more than happy to educate you. I have no SPL meter, just going by speaker and amp specs. Should be less than 130 anyways. If you survive an hour I'll gladly buy you dinner. 100dB/w/1m speakers at every bit of 250W=124dB. Come give it a try. Put your ***** where your mouth is. This ain't fake car stereo land. The birds leave the neighbor's trees when I crank it. It hurts even my 50 year old ears. Talk is cheap, put your hearing on the line (I won't be in the room with you).
What frequency are we talking about here?

Because if its in the 1000+ range then I'll be out of the room as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

500+ for that matter. My ears are able to take bass better than mids/highs. I was playing with my system today, and someone turned the treble EQ up to their liking, and my ears were hurting so much from that, yet they can't stand the bass. The bass was about 150dB from the last metering.

What frequency are we talking about here?
Because if its in the 1000+ range then I'll be out of the room as well. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Just full range, whatever the artist intended. A mere 250-300W/ch should be no match for you car audio guys. You're used to thousands of watts. Someone said mine would be an ear tickler. He laughed at 250W, it would be a joke. Kinda like a real concert. My speakers are rated from 29Hz-21KHz. Expect to hear it all. It may get loud. I seldom turn on my sub.

Just full range, whatever the artist intended. A mere 250-300W/ch should be no match for you car audio guys. You're used to thousands of watts. Someone said mine would be an ear tickler. He laughed at 250W, it would be a joke. Kinda like a real concert. My speakers are rated from 29Hz-21KHz. Expect to hear it all. It may get loud. I seldom turn on my sub.
I think I even posted before agreeing with you that 120 db CAN hurt, given the right frequency range.

120 db @ 30 hz isn't crap. 120 dB @ 1000 hz will jack you up.

I think that's where some of the confusion arose. Just like those charts that compare a jet engine to a 150 dB car stereo. Not a fair comparison really, as the jet engine is at a super high frequency.

I think I even posted before agreeing with you that 120 db CAN hurt, given the right frequency range.
120 db @ 30 hz isn't crap. 120 dB @ 1000 hz will jack you up.

I think that's where some of the confusion arose. Just like those charts that compare a jet engine to a 150 dB car stereo. Not a fair comparison really, as the jet engine is at a super high frequency.
Agreed. 120dB of bass is nothing (and certainly not music). Fake competitions are also not music. Confusion? Maybe so. Frequency is certainly a factor. A jet is a mixture of frequencies. Its certainly not music. Neither is a bass heavy sample music. There we are. Loggerheads. At least you know 120dB can hurt you. You're not that uninformed. I'd guess you don't want to audition my speakers for an hour. Wise choice. They will indeed "jack you up". Your hearing would be impaired for life. Let's not do that. If some cocky "150dB+" wants to give it a try, bring it on. Go deaf. Its not that loud, honest.

Agreed. 120dB of bass is nothing (and certainly not music). Fake competitions are also not music. Confusion? Maybe so. Frequency is certainly a factor. A jet is a mixture of frequencies. Its certainly not music. Neither is a bass heavy sample music. There we are. Loggerheads. At least you know 120dB can hurt you. You're not that uninformed. I'd guess you don't want to audition my speakers for an hour. Wise choice. They will indeed "jack you up". Your hearing would be impaired for life. Let's not do that. If some cocky "150dB+" wants to give it a try, bring it on. Go deaf. Its not that loud, honest.
No reason to be all pissy about it. Some people just didn't grasp the concept of 120 dB at higher frequencies. You didn't necessarily make that clear in your original posts, unless that was intentional just so you could show your clear superiority over us mere peons. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

No reason to be all pissy about it. Some people just didn't grasp the concept of 120 dB at higher frequencies. You didn't necessarily make that clear in your original posts, unless that was intentional just so you could show your clear superiority over us mere peons. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
Pissy? If you say so. If someone can't grasp the concept of full-range music it's somehow my fault? That's the way it was recorded, the way its meant to be heard. Choosing to "enhance" the bass to ridiculous levels, beating your chest and saying "look Mom 150+dB" doesn't impress me. I'm also not entranced by shiny things. BTW, I'm a peon. Pioneer~Saturn: you're more than welcome for the quote. Stop by for a lesson in tinnitus, it won't take too long I assure you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.