Will this be ok?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Klass1K

IE
Hello all. I hope I have came to the right place. This will be my first install, and this is my first time here. Here is my story..

I own a 1997 Volkswagen Golf. Everything is stock except for the radio and some speakers. What I plan on doing is installing a Crunch Blackmaxx 4100 600watt 4chnl (black and silver amp) to four speakers. The speakers are (2) TS-A1681R Pioneer 4-way 6.5inch speakers in the front doors, and two Kenwood KCF-M1625 ie speakers in the rear doors. I believe these two are 3 ways. Peak power is 200w for the kenwoods, and 220 or 260 peak power for the pioneers. The receiver I will be using is a DUAL 7150.

These are all parts I found around the house. I want to know if I can install everything to the amp safely without worrying about having a fire of some sort. Somewhere I read that you want more watts from the amp to keep it under 75% usage/power consumption. Can I make this work? My car has stock tweeters that I will not be using. Thanks.

If you are worried as far as starting a fire goes... I would be more worried about your wiring over power. Over powering a speaker will normally blow it out over time, but not ignite (to my knowledge).

Make sure you run large enough power wires to your amps.. smaller wires will heat up too much due to the resistance in them when high current is passed through them. They can heat up enough to cause a fire. Also make sure to put inline fuses in. The one close to the battery on your main power wire is probably your most important.

Also, that amp, is it 600Wrms or 600Wpeak and is it 600W total or per channel? Big difference. Somebody with more experience on multi-channel amps can probably help you out more; I'd imagine you should be fine though. Just pay attention to your speakers and stop cranking it up if they start to distort at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Klass1K

Klass1K
IE
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Heide264