Kinetik HC vs Optima Yellow Top

they are just better batteries,i have a kinetik hc 200 and i want to get rid of it hopefully soon,also selling my batcap 4000.but between the 2 i'd go kinetik

they are just better batteries,i have a kinetik hc 200 and i want to get rid of it hopefully soon,also selling my batcap 4000.but between the 2 i'd go kinetik
At a glance, that batcap does look bad... but I guess I should have asked, which are the best budget batteries? I know that compared to other audio oriented batteries, the optima yellow tops seem to give a better deal... but I don't know much about batteries.

A little hierarchy chart of best value batteries and a one for overall best batteries would be nice... time to see if Google has this... :O

Edit: Google did not have any hierarchy charts... :eek:

Edit2: Hmmm.... I've been looking at prices, and if you say that XS batteries are better then they

Last edited by a moderator:
a deep cell isn't really good for street beat because the discharge is so slow..

the Kenitik batteries are good batteries..

that batcap is a good battery as well high discharge..

only time people complain about them is because there voltage system is **** anyways and the high discharge speed batteries drop off to fast.. they get mire constant voltage but it's lower than the low esr for long periods..

just buy a big enough alternator..

a deep cell isn't really good for street beat because the discharge is so slow..the Kenitik batteries are good batteries..

only time people complain about them is because there voltage system is **** anyways and the high discharge speed batteries drop off to fast.. they get mire constant voltage but it's lower than the low esr for long periods..

Really strong urge just to groan you lol

a deep cell isn't really good for street beat because the discharge is so slow..the Kenitik batteries are good batteries..

My current alternator is 136A which is more than most cars... also, upgrading my alternator would cost me about around $400 for a higher amperage alternator so that's a no...

If you can find a cheap one for a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L I'd think about getting it...

I had a kinetic as a starter before.. It lasted a month. If had my Yellow Tops for months now, front and back. No issues and cheaper and more available.
Yea I just texted a friend of mine, and he said that his kinetik was being dumb and that he switched it out for an Optima Yellow Top. Well he had his in the trunk. So an Optima Yellow Top should be good for me? I was thinking about getting an XS battery instead after looking into them. What's better between the XS and Yellow Top as a starter battery?

well i have 2 alts 375 amps between the 2,big 3 0 gauge all around ,if you look around the kinetic will only cost a little more than the yellow top,if using it in the back it should be fine,i'm selling mine because i want to get matching batteries thats all.the batcaps are hella expensive,and i would much rather have it than the kinetic.my batcap ran fine with my sd 8000 doing 152.8 burps in a street b truck ,as far as your question i'd go xs way better battery and a 3 year replacement warranty

Is there a comparison thread out there? anyway I just went with yellowtop cuz they are at freaking autozone here don't have to order them from online, they have a 3yr warrenty I believe. I like it and have had no problems I've used it in the front and rear. I have no complaints but also no experience with XS, Batcap, or Kinetic. I'd like to try one but they can be pricey. I think they're made more for audio use than Yellowtops are so my guess is they discharge faster, but I look to have stable amperage in my batteries I could care less about discharge after all they are batteries not caps they are made to discharge slower. They are good floats for your system and help keep voltage up I guess I perfer that over one that persay discharges faster but loses voltage faster?? Anyway they are all good man whatever is cheapest/most avail to you would be my advice. A lot of people love the XS on here so maybe go with that if money and avail isn't an issue, others really swear by Shuriken but I get mixed signals on those.

I'm really liking this XS Power D975 battery here....

But I also want it as a starting battery, and it only has 525 cranking amps(Doesn't specify if in cold or warm conditions). I don't know whether or not that's enough for a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 4.7L engine...

Also, I don't get the Compatible With Systems up to 1000 / 2000 Watts RMS part... does it mean that it can handle between 1000RMS to 2000RMS Watts?

Also I know quite a bit of people who use yellow tops for their rides and they've never complained...

i've used all the batteries mentioned ,at one time or another.yellow tops are fine for your car ,not so much for bigger systems,let say 2000 watts rms or more.now the kinetik batcap ,xs stinger,odyssey ,these batteries can be used as car a system batteries as well as to start your car or truck.in my experience with these batteries the kinetik batteries just dont last under the hood ,they tend to swell on the sides within a year or two ,not saying that they are not good batteries just not for starting your car.now the batcap and xs power batteries are fine .i ran my xs power for 2 years and it still held good power and worked great ,only reason for selling it was to get cash for my batcap.now my batcap has out preformed any battery that i have used in the last 5 years hands down,power wise in the lanes and long lasting performance .

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.