one 12 SPL

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
Im aware that this question cant a have a perfect answer-just looking for estimates from people that have been around competions or meters atleast.

My car is a 01 Maxima with stock electrical, my trunk has been done with 35sqft of Balistic deadner, runing a DD M1c at 1ohm -around 1200w. I have a rear facing DD2512 in a 2.6cuft box tuned to 35hz using a 4" aero port also facing back.

My rear deck has a 9"-7" opening in that goes into the cab. I have an Alpine 123 hu that skips alittle when the bass hits as hard as it can if that means anything.

Thanks

I don't see a question, more a series of statements.
me neither,****, started drinking too early today.

I thought the title was more descriptive, what im looking for it just an educated geuss of db meter reading at a sanctioned comp

so i had it metered today with a term lab on the windsheild, my car peaks at 46htz. best on tones was 135db, but when we did music for rookie class it was only 118. i wastold that in the rookie class they average the whole 30 seconds of music to determine the score

I just really dont understand much about competeing and how someone can have a car that does 150 on music in the trunk - 32db louder than my car seems unrealistic.

thanks for any help

so i had it metered today with a term lab on the windsheild, my car peaks at 46htz. best on tones was 135db, but when we did music for rookie class it was only 118. i wastold that in the rookie class they average the whole 30 seconds of music to determine the scoreI just really dont understand much about competeing and how someone can have a car that does 150 on music in the trunk - 32db louder than my car seems unrealistic.

thanks for any help
There isnt a whole lot of trunk cars doing 50s on music daily. A lot of SUVs doing it

so i had it metered today with a term lab on the windsheild, my car peaks at 46htz. best on tones was 135db, but when we did music for rookie class it was only 118. i wastold that in the rookie class they average the whole 30 seconds of music to determine the scoreI just really dont understand much about competeing and how someone can have a car that does 150 on music in the trunk - 32db louder than my car seems unrealistic.

thanks for any help
118 on music? Was it on? Lol that's crazy low

guy found were it peaked-46htz-then he played a few different songs that had alot of that. he said that on music they average the 30 seconds and since its not just constant bass the avg goes down when the there is no bass for .3 seconds or what ever.

118 is like, farting SPL. Even on a music average you should have broken a 132. Also, if you want to gain a bit on the meter get a 6" or even 8" aero and tune it to around 43-44hz (couple hz below your peak)

guy found were it peaked-46htz-then he played a few different songs that had alot of that. he said that on music they average the 30 seconds and since its not just constant bass the avg goes down when the there is no bass for .3 seconds or what ever.
You picked a really bad track. The trick to impressive looking 30 second average is to pick a "song" that's basically a 30 second sine wave at your peak. That's how ppl do a 30 second average at only 1db down from their burp #.

If you want 150 out of the trunk you'll need better sub, much more power, and probably higher tuning to make it easier.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.