Killing Battery?

uh...

well for one thing dont run your stereo with the car off.

for added insurance many run with two batteries wired in parallel.

high output alternators really help with the stress on the electrical sysetm, but are also fairly expensive.

im not sure if this is the case for any others, but i like to make sure that for about a minute before i park and turn my car off i have my stereo volume low or off. this insures the battery is fully charged when i come back to it. i had alot of problems with my last battery with that issue. my truck just wouldnt start after. i guess its a habbit now though.

now of course these are just a couple things. theres many more.

If its a yellow top don't worry much... your sub wont kill it. even if the battery dies, its made to be able to charge back up again.

With a normal car battery, you don't want to run it down all the way because their not made to be fully depleted and charged many times.

make sure to run proper sized power cables... 0 gauge is your best friend.

Wooot 800th post:eek:

uh...
well for one thing dont run your stereo with the car off.

for added insurance many run with two batteries wired in parallel.

high output alternators really help with the stress on the electrical sysetm, but are also fairly expensive.

im not sure if this is the case for any others, but i like to make sure that for about a minute before i park and turn my car off i have my stereo volume low or off. this insures the battery is fully charged when i come back to it. i had alot of problems with my last battery with that issue. my truck just wouldnt start after. i guess its a habbit now though.

now of course these are just a couple things. theres many more.
You think running your alternator for a minute or so without the stereo running ensures your batt is fully charged? No, it doesn't. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif If your system and charging system are closely paired, that might help. But anyone running a stereo grossly overpowering their charging system, your plan wouldn't really help much at all.

You think running your alternator for a minute or so without the stereo running ensures your batt is fully charged? No, it doesn't. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif If your system and charging system are closely paired, that might help. But anyone running a stereo grossly overpowering their charging system, your plan wouldn't really help much at all.
pwnd.

That amp is one of the better amps u can buy, it has the same wattage wired from 4-1ohm!
this amp made my car voltage sometimes drop to almost 11 before i was like holy **** and turned it down...yea just one of them and i have a 160amp alt...they are inefficient at least in my eyes:rolleyes:

That amp is one of the better amps u can buy, it has the same wattage wired from 4-1ohm!
Which generally speaking makes it rather inefficient in terms of it taxing a charging system. You cant get something for nothing. If you can run the same watts at any impedance between 4 and 1ohm, the amp is obviously always pulling current as if its running at 1ohm. IOW, it always pulls the most power possible. Makes it nice for flexibility and sound reproduction, but also makes it 'horribly inefficient' as stated earlier.

Cheers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

integra17

10+ year member
integra17
Edmonton, AB
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from