kicker zx2500.1 or rockford fosgate 2000bd

Ya what kind of electrical system do you have when you run the zx all day @ 1ohm?????
you dont need any insane electrical. i did it with whats in my sig. you need a good alt, a couple good batteries, and some 1/0... which you should have anyway for an amp that big.

mine didnt even get hot, it would be warm to the touch, but not hot.

why would it be insane if it ran at 1 ohm? Thats like saying the fosgate t2000 would be insane if it did 0.5ohms. The amp is made for 2 ohms, if you wanna use it you get sub(s) that wire to 2 ohms. You guys are too caught up on amps that do 1 ohm. If your sub(s) final load is 2 ohms get the kicker if you need 1 ohm get the fosgate or even a sundown.One amp is not better than another cause its rated for a lower load. I actually prefer amps that do most power at 2 ohms or 4 ohms myself. Just for the record, many guys have ran the zx2500.1 at 1 ohm with no problems.
I have ran a T2000bd @ .5 ohm and it did fine... It got pretty warm but it never went into protect.

Ya what kind of electrical system do you have when you run the zx all day @ 1ohm?????
Mean Green 200A alt, Kinetik 1400 and 2400 under the hood, an extra battery or two in my tool box. 4 runs of 1/0 from front battery to amps, 4 runs of 1/0 from tool box to amps. On a burp I think my voltage drop went to about 12.8 or 13.

it depends on what your setup is going to run at..there both nice ass amps so if you need a 1 ohm stable amp take the rockford, but if you need a 2 ohm stable amp go with the kicker

i had a 2000bd for several years and loved it. very clean and strong. kinda off topic, but i recently got my first AQ2200 and love it. in my opinion, it is cleaner sounding than the rf and for the price of 389 shipped, hard to beat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.