amp needed

Nevergo
10+ year member

Ridley PWNS All!
So i have 4 Elemental designs 7kv.2 subs that are going in a sealed box. They will be going in a jeep cherokee that i think has a 90 amp alternator. I need advice on what amp to get. i dont want to spend more then $175 as this is a budget system. At the moment i am thinking of a Profile AP1500M or a kenwood KAC-9104D. I figured the kenwood would be the better choice due to the fact its a class d, so it would be easier on my alternator. Thats what i think anyway i have been wrong before.

So what should i do?

The kenwoods are known to go into thermal after sustained use at 2ohms and lower, what ohm you gonna be running? I've had a few friends have this problem with them. Whats your budget for an amp?

You can wire your subs like the following for example:

4_4ohm_dvc_05ohm.gif

4_4ohm_dvc_2ohm.gif

4_4ohm_dvc_8ohm.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.