kicker zx2500.1 or rockford fosgate 2000bd

Tough call. Both good amps. The RF T2k will easily do 2500+ as well as the Kicker. The RF does power @ 1ohm and the Kicker @ 2ohm. Do you already have your subs? If so, what coil configuration are they? If not, flip a coin.

Only downturn for the kicker is that its only two ohm stable. So choosing an amp after you get rid of the 2500.1 would be hard for which ever subs you choose, due to the .5 ohm/ 2ohm load the subs with have. However good amps none the less.

mine (kx2500, same internally) did 1.2 ohms no problem. efficient too, would only drop to 14v at idle with the electrical listed in my sig, full tilt on a 9518g. lot of people run them at 1 ohms, but don't try without a good electrical. shouldnt really be running one at 2 ohms without a strong charging system anyway though...

ya if this thing did 1 ohm it would be insaine...but eather way a amp that does 2500 plus rms and be reliable ...i love it
it says in your sig you're still waiting on your amps arrival //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

ya if this thing did 1 ohm it would be insaine...but eather way a amp that does 2500 plus rms and be reliable ...i love it
why would it be insane if it ran at 1 ohm? Thats like saying the fosgate t2000 would be insane if it did 0.5ohms. The amp is made for 2 ohms, if you wanna use it you get sub(s) that wire to 2 ohms. You guys are too caught up on amps that do 1 ohm. If your sub(s) final load is 2 ohms get the kicker if you need 1 ohm get the fosgate or even a sundown.One amp is not better than another cause its rated for a lower load. I actually prefer amps that do most power at 2 ohms or 4 ohms myself. Just for the record, many guys have ran the zx2500.1 at 1 ohm with no problems.

I ran my zx2500.1 @ 1 ohm daily for two years. They're really strong at that ohm load. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that they run hot.

I ran my zx2500.1 @ 1 ohm daily for two years. They're really strong at that ohm load. The only thing that I didn't like about it is that they run hot.
Ya what kind of electrical system do you have when you run the zx all day @ 1ohm?????

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.