Kicker, Sundown, Memphis?

Mojo's are awsome. We have one kicking around the shop that has been owned by 5 guys just in the time we have known it. Coil is getting dark but still works.

I don't have baseless opinions. All of my opinions are based on experiences with the products as an installer and enthusiast. When I was installing at a shop a decade ago, Kicker subs were the number one most replaced items to come inot our shop. It was never due to product failure, but rather due to the general displeasure with the quality of the sound they produced. A very good friend of mine was a Kicker distributor since the early 90's... he started carrying JL a few years back and no one would buy the Kickers when listened to in a side by side comparison... Kicker sales dropped so much that he quit selling them. The lone subwoofer from Kicker that truly had a quality sound was the old round Solobarics. If you are looking for a speaker with decent output and poor to average SQ, then Kicker is for you. Kicker amps are well built, do rated power and produce it pretty cleanly. The main problem with their subs, as I see it, is the fact that they don't do anything really well... they get loud, but there are better SPL subs, they sound ok on music, but they aren't going to be found in any SQ cars. They are a middle of the roa subwoofer that has made it as far as they have on the merit of a name they made before car audio was really refined.
Fair enough

My very first car audio system way back in 1992 was a pair of Kicker 12" and Pioneer 6.5" coaxials on Alpine amps... I had a Pioneer pull out tape deck in a 280
I've heard this before. I think I asked for more info the last time I saw you talk about Kickers being boat anchors and you told me that story. That is pretty cool. Glad to see people out there who had enough confidence in the products they were carrying to make those kinds of claims. I agree that quite a bit of the Kicker lineup is mass production stuff, that is way overpriced for its performance. I have had nothing but spectacular and unmatched performance out of the things I have purhcased in the last 8 years from them (L7s, Solo X 10s and 12s, KX series Amps, EB141 in ear headphones, Component sets, 501 big boy ipod dock), however, so I will continue to use them until I have a bad experience or come across something in person that outperforms them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

hondacr125

10+ year member
hondacr125
West Olive, MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from