Kicker L7 15" box

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chris44

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello everyone, let me start off by saying I have no idea when it comes to building boxes. I just purchased a 15 inch L7 and I'm looking to do a ported box. Does anyone have any insight to how this box should be built? I believe the port tuning should be around 35hz.

Hello everyone, let me start off by saying I have no idea when it comes to building boxes. I just purchased a 15 inch L7 and I'm looking to do a ported box. Does anyone have any insight to how this box should be built? I believe the port tuning should be around 35hz.
youtube some videos on how to use winisd. This will show you the results of the box before your cabin gain kicks in, but the response should be very similar. It allows you to see how the sub performs in what cubic feet, what tuning etc..

Torres box calculator would be for when you are actually inputting dimensions and designing the box and port.

I'm having a hard time determining what the port should look like. I have built a box on multiple websites and none show a L shape. I'm very confused by this lol

You can save a lot of money doing it yourself, all you need is a drill and a jigsaw. Lumber stores can cut a 4x8 sheet to the panel sizes that you need then its just a matter of gluing/screwing together the pieces and cutting a hole for the sub and port.

So the screen shot under this message is what I want to go with. Still confused on the port it says 7.6"x 7.6" x 21.79". So what I see here is that the port should be a 7.6" square that is 21.79 inches long correct? I'm used to slotted ports. I guess I need to visually see this before I build it.

That square port is way too small, it should be almost double in size which will extend the length much further to keep the same tuning. I wouldn't tune that low either, you are sacrificing a lot of output to play lows marginally. Those L7s dont have a whole lot of xmax and ability to play low and linear. Bring the tune up to at least 33hz.

Its easiest to avoid fractional dimensions whenever possible and use inches or a half inch if you absolutely need to. This makes cutting the sheets easier, especially if you are going to have a store cut the pieces for you.

When I get home from work later I can throw together an aeroport design for you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.