Kicker L5's just don't sound that bad!

jimmyslide
10+ year member

Let me get you a spoon...
So I just want to make a few points in favour of the sound of the Kicker L5.

I just put a 12" in a 2.8 cuft box in the back of my Jeep Cherokee running off a KX600.1 amp.

I suprised me with how it sounds and how loud it gets. I haven't metered it yet, but it murders the lows and gives me more range then I expected!

All I read is post after post about how shitty the square kickers sound. CRAP! That is all.

I have ran every atomic sub out there, pioneer, ascendant audio, alpine, rockford, RE, FI, and MTX. Let me tell you, the kicker is on par with many of these so called SQL subs. Just as loud, and just as clean.

It's all in the install people. And yes, Square kickers can get loud as hell and sound pretty decent too.

And square holes are just **** fun to cut out! Way easier to make a square sub fit than a round one //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Just my 2cents worth...take it for what is' worth.

yeah the L5 i had sounded ok,but it just didnt sound the best

Im not an sq nut but I do like alot of sq

sealed 12" audiomobiles' sound way better than the L5

I never said it sounded as good as a Q setup. I said I ran FI and the L5 was on par with some of the subs I listed. I would take the Q over the L5 anyday.

Not here to defend it, just to give my opinions. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

My phoenix gold 10's sealed also sounded better than the L5, but the L5 is more than acceptable daily. More than enough SQ for the daily listener.

L5s are not the greatest sq sub ever, but they are not a Bad sounding sub either. anyone who says L5s sound like total azz needs to let somebody else do their installs from now on.

IF set up to sound as good as possible they'll be more than adequate for 90% of the people out there. A more than adequate front stage is a huge part of getting subs like these to sound good. Restricting them to the smallest portion of the audio spectrum possible is very important.

They are ok, but I have never been a huge fan of the L5's, now the L7's and the CVX's I have enjoyed.

Also what sounds good to you, won't always sound good to us. It's all your perspective and ultimatley your opinion, so thanks for sharing.

Also X2 to what Audioholic said. Go to a females forum. I am sure they could accept you over on thier side. You seem to get your panties in a bunch and don't take much for them to get there.

I love my L5's. Are they the best subs I have owned....no. But they get they job done and **** do they bang. Its all about your setup. So yeah posting here will get you different opnions, but nobody is trying to be a jerk, it's a forum. But I'm glad you liked the L5's. Most people dont have the ideal box for them, so you just hear crap. Its hard to tell people that your box plays a huge role in how your subs sounds.

I love my L5's. Are they the best subs I have owned....no. But they get they job done and **** do they bang. Its all about your setup. So yeah posting here will get you different opnions, but nobody is trying to be a jerk, it's a forum. But I'm glad you liked the L5's. Most people dont have the ideal box for them, so you just hear crap. Its hard to tell people that your box plays a huge role in how your subs sounds.
I have a 10" L5 that came from a used 2009 accord I recently bought in a sealed box, wasnt to happy how it sounded until I replaced the seal box with a 2cuft ported enclosure tuned to 32hz.. and I am really am amazed on how good this sub sound.. I've had many subs in my past JL Audio 12w6, 12w3, 12w1, pioneers, mtx, bazookas, kickers CVR, and none come as close to the L5... my god can this 10" really get loud..... it's the best sounding of all the speakers I mentioned above.
In my opinion this thing make me very happy and am happy...

Are you fucking serious? This was a 12 year old post..... GTFOH.
Yes, im freaking serious. cant you read. I said I just purchased a 2009 accord in 2019 that came with that sub. Sorry the post was 12 years ago, but i was repling to Enellz post. Ppl can be real retards and smart asses.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...