Kicker Help

That is if the OP can build a box. Not everybody has the skills or access to the tools to build one, so if he can't, add about $150 to $200 to that price tag.
Very True //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I just feel that if anyone had the time to read up / research it as much as they can with the help of a descent forum like this or others out there, it shouldn't bee too too hard to come up with or borrow basic tools to build a box if you actually ask around & try... Hell, I've even had the pieces pre- cut when purchasing and then all you have to do is assemble... But yes if you are going to PAY someone for a complete finished product then it's not even near the same ballpark in price and just buy the loaded enclosure & be happy I guess lol

Very True //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I just feel that if anyone had the time to read up / research it as much as they can with the help of a descent forum like this or others out there, it shouldn't bee too too hard to come up with or borrow basic tools to build a box if you actually ask around & try... Hell, I've even had the pieces pre- cut when purchasing and then all you have to do is assemble... But yes if you are going to PAY someone for a complete finished product then it's not even near the same ballpark in price and just buy the loaded enclosure & be happy I guess lol
I wish I would have done it for my first setup lol, boy I went through tons of garbage systems before actually learned stuff lol

If i planned on a new box i would get it built. I live in a 9x12 dorm cant build **** in it. Also, it doesnt matter if people bash brands. Everyone involved in car audio has a different opionion. Some people told me RE Audio ***** And kicker and pioneer were great. I asked different people they said my subs were good but kicker and Pioneer are trash. Its kinda hard to get a straight answer. Also are there any 10s that have a higher rms that wud hit as hard as 2 12s?

If i planned on a new box i would get it built. I live in a 9x12 dorm cant build **** in it. Also, it doesnt matter if people bash brands. Everyone involved in car audio has a different opionion. Some people told me RE Audio ***** And kicker and pioneer were great. I asked different people they said my subs were good but kicker and Pioneer are trash. Its kinda hard to get a straight answer. Also are there any 10s that have a higher rms that wud hit as hard as 2 12s?
There are 8s that can do this. Just look around and talk to experianced people, real experiance no that my friend had a freind or I've done car audio for 20 years so I know everything stuff. Do it right the first time.

RE used to be great. They are now made in china and are not so great. Pioneer has some good high end equipment, but their cheap stuff is trash. Kicker is trash other than the Solo X and some of the amplifiers.

There's a straight answer for you. I'm assuming you've never heard a "real" system. If you got one good 12 in the right box I'm sure you'd be impressed and blow most people's "2 kicker 12s" out of the water.

I like the Soundqubed HDC310-A - Rated @ 1k rms but they can handle a whole lot more if you know what you're doing... For more $ if you want to get serious 10's DC has some pretty sick ones to choose from level 4's or XL's would be pretty sick... But I'm telling ya: 2- little old 600w rms SA'10's will get pretty nasty as well with less power required and it would be a lot cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

There's a pair of custom 8s in an enclosure in the classifieds real cheap. I'd grab that and get about a 1000-1500 watt amp (make sure it's a good brand) and you'd be set.

And yet you didn't even answer his original question.
Op you're set on the kickers, the preloaded ported enclosure will give you more output than a sealed box.
I clearly answered his question, you must still have the blindfold on as a Kicker hater and didnt notice where i told him that he would want to go with fewer subs, or smaller to keep the quantity as the space would not allow for him to get the most out of the sub's.

RE used to be great. They are now made in china and are not so great. Pioneer has some good high end equipment, but their cheap stuff is trash. Kicker is trash other than the Solo X and some of the amplifiers.
There's a straight answer for you. I'm assuming you've never heard a "real" system. If you got one good 12 in the right box I'm sure you'd be impressed and blow most people's "2 kicker 12s" out of the water.
That is pure bull. Every Kicker subwoofer/ amp I've ever owned has taken/ done rated power easily. The 07CVRs take a ton of abuse. I'm really not sure why you think it is trash. Because it doesn't cost $500 per woofer?

That is pure bull. Every Kicker subwoofer/ amp I've ever owned has taken/ done rated power easily. The 07CVRs take a ton of abuse. I'm really not sure why you think it is trash. Because it doesn't cost $500 per woofer?
I had a pair of CVRs and they got stinky pretty easy. Yes I was giving them slightly over rated power, but it was clean. You also have to consider that after rise, I actually was not giving it over their rated power.

I also didn't like how they sounded.

So yes, I have a reason to call them trash. They've stopped trying to be innovative and create quality products and started marketing and mass producing crap to make a profit.

A good quality 12 in a ported box would do wonders, I have a dc lvl 4 12 on about 1500wrms @1ohm and simply love. And as stated before, the are plenty of high quality 8's that are impressive as well. It really boils down to what YOU like, can afford, and space you are willing to sacrifice for the output you want. Check the classies on here, and do a lil research, you might just find what you want/need. Good luck, dude.

I clearly answered his question, you must still have the blindfold on as a Kicker hater and didnt notice where i told him that he would want to go with fewer subs, or smaller to keep the quantity as the space would not allow for him to get the most out of the sub's.
Kicker hater ? lol ... He runs kicker u dumbasss

I think we're all missing the point of the thread. He didn't ask for subwoofer recommendations. We might as well tell him about batteries and alternators while we're at it.

I think we're all missing the point of the thread. He didn't ask for subwoofer recommendations. We might as well tell him about batteries and alternators while we're at it.
Can we tell him about all the Nuttguggers too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.