Can't decide between the two?!

A9Y

Adelaide
Im about to do a full system in my car and the only part I can't decide on is whether to go for the new Sundown Audio Z v.4 15" or the Sound Solutions Audio Evil 15"..

Whats peoples thoughts on the two in comparison?

If you have enough electrical to run the SSA go with that if not the Z is no slouch either. What's your electrical like?
All electrical will be upgraded accordingly.

I was initially going to do a H/O alt and a 2nd battery, along with the big 3 when I was going to run the Sundown Z, but I want the system to be as big as possible!

How much more electrical work would be required on top of what I already had planned to run the SSA Evil?

My mistake I thought you wanted the Zv.3. Both of those woofers would require about the same electrical and based off what you plan on running that should work perfect. I would do the biggest battery in the back that you can fit (g31 or better).

My mistake I thought you wanted the Zv.3. Both of those woofers would require about the same electrical and based off what you plan on running that should work perfect. I would do the biggest battery in the back that you can fit (g31 or better).
Ahk, sweet as! Yeah gonna go as big as the budget allows, already stretched the budget out once a couple thousand more haha!

Would you say there would be a large difference between the SSA Evil and the Sundown Z v.4?

The SSA would be a better choice and is rated at a higher RMS than the Z. I would probably do the Evil 15 if you want big as possible
Yeah thats what I was thinking too..

Any ideas on where the best place to buy the SSA sub and SD amps from considering I'm in Australia? (Buying a SD 4ch as well)

I would wait and see how the Z does. Nobody can give you a real answer since nobody has used one yet. I do see higher power handling with the Evil but that just means its not as efficient and more moving mass. The Z seems to rely on excurrision and motor force. I like that combo more.

Bigger power handling does not make a better or more powerful woofer. You guys sound like total noobs drooling over the side of a boxs "max power" figure. If your overseas figure out what you can get for less money as at that level, there won't be too much of a difference. What kind of music are you playing and what box size can you go with.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.