Kicker goes Walmart.

The funny part is alot of you guys are bashing kicker but my 2 solo x 18's in a non wall setup is doing 55's on music on a dc12k, and still going very strong.......alot of u are talking but couldnt even touch a 145 lol .........and yes I went from dc xl's to solo x's and I'm getting better results both ran on the dc12k.

The funny part is alot of you guys are bashing kicker but my 2 solo x 18's in a non wall setup is doing 55's on music on a dc12k, and still going very strong.......alot of u are talking but couldnt even touch a 145 lol .........and yes I went from dc xl's to solo x's and I'm getting better results both ran on the dc12k.
kicker is overpriced for the product that you receive. That is why everyone bashes kicker. and about us not touching 145, you must be joking.

I never even said I was smarter than you read again. All I was saying is your bashing **** without even doing any research. You don't obviously know crap about cars other than their audio systems. I just can't stand people that bash on someone that was just stating a situation.
just get over the fact that you drive a car for fegs.... and btw, you just got trolled.

Sounds about right. Cheap audio in a cheap retail store. How many places can you get your weekly groceries and car audio in the same store? I'm sure there was huge demand for that. I'm willing to bet you ain't gonna find a AA, Fi, DC, Sundown, JL, Audioque, or any respectable sub in wal mart any time in the near future. Corporate America just trying to **** your every last nickel. What happened to the Local guy having a shop selling and installing RF, kicker, mtx, etc. In order to support his family. Those days will slowly diminish.
most shop should make money on install not on the product, consumer like me move away from shop that has overpriced product since overpriced product means overpriced install, why bend over 2x. if you ask any of these AA, Fi, DC, Sundown, JL, Audioque, or any respectable sub owners im pretty sure they would love to go on walmart (its just business)

most shop should make money on install not on the product, consumer like me move away from shop that has overpriced product since overpriced product means overpriced install, why bend over 2x. if you ask any of these AA, Fi, DC, Sundown, JL, Audioque, or any respectable sub owners im pretty sure they would love to go on walmart (its just business)
once you factor in time and materials, the shops big profits do not come from installs, ive had this discussion multiple times from the shop i frequent, their big money comes from moving cheap product in large amounts.

once you factor in time and materials, the shops big profits do not come from installs, ive had this discussion multiple times from the shop i frequent, their big money comes from moving cheap product in large amounts.
I agree with this 100 percent my buddie owns a shop and sells the cheap bass inferno amps and it's his fastest selling product most people don't care about quality they just want better then stock

I'd like to see any kicker sub besides the solo X put up with the abuse I give my obsidians...also would like to see one of those kicker amps run at .5 daily dropping into mid 12's without having any issues. And for the record, the lanzar optidrve series is very stout...I've had 0 issues with it.
its not all about impedance or how long your voltage gets dropped.

if you want to play 2k to 2k, id take a kicker kx 2500 or zx 2500 before an aq2200, and im running a pair of aq1200ds, theyre amps are great.. and making power at 2 ohms, i gurantee its more efficient than the AQ. also. the cvxs would get much louder than the obisidians, l7 too..

The problem with Walmart and most of the stores that sell car audio is that the "sales people" dont know anything about car audio. I'll accept that most people who shop at Walmart do so for the price and convience. They are not going to research or know anything about the (specific) product they are buying and they certainly aren't going to get any idea of what they are buying from anyone who works at Walmart. This being said, if you are buying from Walmart, Best buy, or any of the big box stores you probably aren't going to be well informed and will have a poor system. The sad thing is that most people will probably be completely happy with their purchase and will never how a good system should sound.

You can get better deals and advice online, unless you have a really good car audio shop nearby (I went to several car audio shops and noone cared about what I was looking for). They all wanted to sell average/sub par HU's, amps, and speakers and tell me that it was "top of the line."

If I was trying to sell a superior product I would not want it sold at Walmart. Nor would I try to put out budget products that won't last or sound decient. There is the possibility of putting out a solid product for less, but lets face it, 99% of the time you get what you pay for. Selling at Walmart may look good on sales sheets, but in the end will hurt the brand, which I was never that crazy about.

I never even said I was smarter than you read again.
Okay.

I'm an idiot? I may not know as much about car audio than you but I am sure I am much smarter than you. I am a college student double majoring in Accounting and Finance at one of the top 10 business schools in America. I don't think they would just let an idiot in. I don't feel I need to use proper sentence structure in a **** car audio forum where half the people here don't even use real words. I drive Vdub because what car do you know that pulls of the power they do while maintaining 28-30mpg city. That and the fact their motors are built like a tank with forged crank and pistons stock. If you can name one other car that does that other than Subaru you let me know!
What was that? Yeah, you're retarded. And congratulations, you can do third grade math. YES!!!!!!!!!!!

As already mentioned - Walmart will only see Kicker's entry level product (9 SKU's I believe) and will phase these items out of their regular dealer network later this year. If a shopper wants to step up from their Comp woofer, DS co-axial, or DX amp, etc., they'll need to go to a Kicker dealer.

Sounds like a win-win to me... Dealer gets to thin out some inventory (it's pricey to carry stock on every SKU Kicker offers) and Walmart gets to offer something better than their current line-up (effectively becoming the top-tier segment).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.