Kicker goes Walmart.

As already mentioned - Walmart will only see Kicker's entry level product (9 SKU's I believe) and will phase these items out of their regular dealer network later this year. If a shopper wants to step up from their Comp woofer, DS co-axial, or DX amp, etc., they'll need to go to a Kicker dealer.
Sounds like a win-win to me... Dealer gets to thin out some inventory (it's pricey to carry stock on every SKU Kicker offers) and Walmart gets to offer something better than their current line-up (effectively becoming the top-tier segment).
I agree, sounds like a good move.

lulz

The letter hinted at two reasons why Kicker made the difficult choice to enter Walmart. One, is that the company has made a sincere effort to shut off all unauthorized Internet discounting of its products. The Walmart deal would supplant revenues lost from eliminating discounters and help to ensure that Kicker is not discounted on the Internet.

KICKER ZX1500.1 1500W MONO BLOCK CLASS D AMPLIFIER NEW | eBay

ZX Amplifiers | KICKER

still a big discount. 3 months ago the zx2500 was 1400 new and ebay stores had it for under 400 new.

The funny part is alot of you guys are bashing kicker but my 2 solo x 18's in a non wall setup is doing 55's on music on a dc12k, and still going very strong.......alot of u are talking but couldnt even touch a 145 lol .........and yes I went from dc xl's to solo x's and I'm getting better results both ran on the dc12k.
It's funny because my 2x 12inch XFL's that I paid 1/2 the price for than your solo x's and my VFL 150.1 which only does 2900RMS is almost pushing 150's after some tuning I did over the weekend. Before tuning I was burping a 147. So on 12k, a 155 isnt too impressive when ive seen people running under 12k busting 160's. Fully sealed BTW

The funny part is alot of you guys are bashing kicker but my 2 solo x 18's in a non wall setup is doing 55's on music on a dc12k, and still going very strong.......alot of u are talking but couldnt even touch a 145 lol .........and yes I went from dc xl's to solo x's and I'm getting better results both ran on the dc12k.
where in ny are you? id like some proof that you have this. never seen or heard of it in the state. for the price that those cost id be throwing up bigger numbers on that kind of power or less. a guy i know is doing 57s off 2 dd 9915s on a lanzar opti. i had 2 solo x 12s. ive had better. from experience with them i would price them at 300 to 350 new.

where in ny are you? id like some proof that you have this. never seen or heard of it in the state. for the price that those cost id be throwing up bigger numbers on that kind of power or less. a guy i know is doing 57s off 2 dd 9915s on a lanzar opti. i had 2 solo x 12s. ive had better. from experience with them i would price them at 300 to 350 new.
Are you talking about fronk? If so, he's the one I was referring to and he just did a 160.9 at st. judes with a bad coil on one of them.

Are you talking about fronk? If so, he's the one I was referring to and he just did a 160.9 at st. judes
yup jeff fronk. he recently asked me to recone his dds maybe upgrade but only could do a trade for it. hes having dd recone the one he blew which is a shame thats only a 4 layer coil. could do so much better. i dont know him persnally a guy i frequently text that i meet through cl knows him personally but yeah i havnt had a set up under 148 in years. most of them coming out of trunks on less than 3.5k

yup jeff fronk. he recently asked me to recone his dds maybe upgrade but only could do a trade for it. hes having dd recone the one he blew which is a shame thats only a 4 layer coil. could do so much better. i dont know him persnally a guy i frequently text that i meet through cl knows him personally but yeah i havnt had a set up under 148 in years. most of them coming out of trunks on less than 3.5k
nice. best part about those subs is that they are like 10+ years old and still serving up people. he is personal friend of mine and lives like 2 towns over from me in Rochester.

nice. best part about those subs is that they are like 10+ years old and still serving up people. he is personal friend of mine and lives like 2 towns over from me in Rochester.
his is truly impressive. id expect 2 subs with as much cone area as a big screen tv on 12+ rms to do 160 plus. not 2 old *** 15s

It's funny because my 2x 12inch XFL's that I paid 1/2 the price for than your solo x's and my VFL 150.1 which only does 2900RMS is almost pushing 150's after some tuning I did over the weekend. Before tuning I was burping a 147. So on 12k, a 155 isnt too impressive when ive seen people running under 12k busting 160's. Fully sealed BTW
Id take solo x over xfls all day long.

^^exactly

I'd take my 2x 12inch American Bass HD's sitting in my garage for next year over those solo x's all day long if you wanna go that route and those would hit 155 on 5k all day and the HD's also cost less than the solo x's.
id take a solo x for the sole purpose of reselling it. and wouldnt pay over 300 for a solo x 18 or 200 for a 12.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.