Kicker goes Walmart.

You are very far from the truth on this. I can understand your point, but being upset and tossing out such a claim is ridiculous. It is obvious that from a business logic it is a great choice for them.
Enlighten me bc every brand I know of tied to wal mart is sub par on its best day. Not like kicker is something to write home about anyways.

And for the record, I am not upset. Just a good debate. I couldn't care less if they partnered. I don't shop at wal mart and I don't buy kicker so this has no effect on my life and purchase tendencies.

Sounds about right. Cheap audio in a cheap retail store. How many places can you get your weekly groceries and car audio in the same store? I'm sure there was huge demand for that. I'm willing to bet you ain't gonna find a AA, Fi, DC, Sundown, JL, Audioque, or any respectable sub in wal mart any time in the near future. Corporate America just trying to **** your every last nickel. What happened to the Local guy having a shop selling and installing RF, kicker, mtx, etc. In order to support his family. Those days will slowly diminish.
The problem with anything "respectable" is that nobody who puts any care into manufacturing can supply every Wal Mart in North America with something. Sadly it takes a very big scale production and some very slim margins to be able to sell to a behemoth like them.

A lot of those shops messed up themselves. Markups, shady installs, rediculus prices
Very much true. This plus internet.... not even internet retail, but "how to's" for absolutely everything at your fingertips. Want to install anything in a stock location in any production car, likely there's step by step pictorial on the web somewhere and then stop by a place like this for troubleshooting.

Enlighten me bc every brand I know of tied to wal mart is sub par on its best day. Not like kicker is something to write home about anyways.
Kicker product is just fine when used with in what they are designed for. They are a large company that has been sold at Best Buy for a while now. Walmart is the correct next step for them with their low end line. They will offer a superior product over any other product they currently carry which will boost sales. Walmart also buys in huge bulk which mean quick/fast sales for Kicker.

You obviously have a negative view on kicker as you do business and only view what you will from it.

BTW Pioneer has been at walmart for many many years, yet still produces some great product overall. Guess no one should run Pioneer because it is sold by the big bad walmart. Does that mean you won't have a gaming console or cell phones because they are sold in the same place and not at the mom/pop stores they used to be sold at? Same can go for food or anything else they carry.

My point is clear though. From a business stand point, getting in with walmart yields a larger profit and quicker turn over on product. Walmart buys in massive bulk, which means kicker orders in larger bulk. Which means they get it cheaper now.

Please explain your negative views as you have yet to contribute an insightful response other then..... "I hate kickers"...and "I hate walmart"......

The problem with anything "respectable" is that nobody who puts any care into manufacturing can supply every Wal Mart in North America with something. Sadly it takes a very big scale production and some very slim margins to be able to sell to a behemoth like them.
While that is true, they will only be selling their lower line. Not to mention they have been selling to Best Buy and Custom Sounds for many years now.

"Kicker’s products will actually serve as Walmart’s high end offering in car amps and speakers."
That's pretty sad lol.
I don't mean to be a ****, but kicker is on par or better then everything you have listed in your signature.

Who among us hasn't had a set of 12" Comps and thought they were the shlt? I'll admit it's a little weird but why not? Kicker is in business to make money. And I'm sure they'll do just that putting their product on Walmart shelves. Nothing wrong with that.... Some people will buy it, some people won't. And as a side note, those Comps got pretty loud on 125 watts!

"Kicker’s products will actually serve as Walmart’s high end offering in car amps and speakers."
That's pretty sad lol.
I'm still not understanding where Kicker has become Dual over night. I understand you are all young and think if it is not an online company it is not good..but come on.

I don't mean to be a ****, but kicker is on par or better then everything you have listed in your signature.
I'd like to see any kicker sub besides the solo X put up with the abuse I give my obsidians...also would like to see one of those kicker amps run at .5 daily dropping into mid 12's without having any issues. And for the record, the lanzar optidrve series is very stout...I've had 0 issues with it.

Oh+no+you+di+int.jpg

I'd like to see any kicker sub besides the solo X put up with the abuse I give my obsidians...also would like to see one of those kicker amps run at .5 daily dropping into mid 12's without having any issues. And for the record, the lanzar optidrve series is very stout...I've had 0 issues with it.
I have to say one thing here. You are very naive.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.