Kicker goes Walmart.

I'd like to see any kicker sub besides the solo X put up with the abuse I give my obsidians...also would like to see one of those kicker amps run at .5 daily dropping into mid 12's without having any issues. And for the record, the lanzar optidrve series is very stout...I've had 0 issues with it.
my kx2500.1 ran .5 for months. and I also know a guy that was doing 155's with 2 cvx 15's. face it kicker isn't as bad as you try to make out.

I'm still not understanding where Kicker has become Dual over night. I understand you are all young and think if it is not an online company it is not good..but come on.
Kicker just doesn't offer what I look for in subs....I mean sure they get loud but will they put up with a lot of abuse or sound nearly as nice as something of comparable or even cheaper prices? Meh maybe I am biased but I just don't like kicker lol

Kicker just doesn't offer what I look for in subs....I mean sure they get loud but will they put up with a lot of abuse or sound nearly as nice as something of comparable or even cheaper prices? Meh maybe I am biased but I just don't like kicker lol
You answered your own question.

I'm still not understanding where Kicker has become Dual over night. I understand you are all young and think if it is not an online company it is not good..but come on.
I have actually had nothing but good luck with all the Kicker stuff I've ever used. Original ZR1000, KX1200.1(ran .5 ohm every day), their old 30 band EQ, old RMB midbass, and those bad *** tweeters they made in the late 90's. Even liked their cheap coaxials that I used to replace OEM speakers for someone. Their Comp subs are really quite solid for what they are IMO and while not particularly impressive performance-wise, the solo X is actually a cut above a lot of stuff out there that people get excited over. Also let's not forget their power wire which is very nice.

Of course as has been pointed out they will have a bottom of the barrel line for Wal Mart (which I'm betting will be pretty poor), but still, good move for Kicker.

I will put up a good well thought out response tomorrow as I've had a few drinks and its not fair to myself, kicker or wal mart to hear my babble in my present state. Carry on.

Beating on a pair of c10's with my atomic 5k for months at 8ohms will do a 144.4 ive also done a 30 second burp at 2ohms got smelly but they still work. I think thats good for dispossible subs

Beating on a pair of c10's with my atomic 5k for months at 8ohms will do a 144.4 ive also done a 30 second burp at 2ohms got smelly but they still work. I think thats good for dispossible subs
Your putting about 400 watts to them. They should be doing good. And I would like to see that 44

Yes! Now when jackasses here ask me what the hell brand Im running I can respond its better then your walmart shit //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

The company will offer a limited number of entry level car amplifiers, speakers and woofers through Walmart from Kicker’s DS, DX and Comp lines.

low line stuff!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.