Kicker goes Walmart.

That's probably actually a smart business move for them. I'm sure business isn't all that great through shops these days. They are trying to weed out internet sales also. Plus half the car audio world uses walmart gear. Lol

MTX has been talking with walmart and target for a long time. That is no secrete at all, just as Kicker's news in not.

With that said, Kicker has no wish to slow down internet sales. That is a letter intended to keep their "dealers" happy about the idea. Selling the idea that with customers buying cheap kicker at walmart will push them to visiting audio stores later. Which is not logical as they will likely just buy it off line like most do now.

MTX on the other hand may have an interesting situation in the very near future when their press release comes out.

I must say it is a bit odd some one calling out MTX, but with the collapse of Circuit City it is no surprise they have been after another "big box store".

Sounds about right. Cheap audio in a cheap retail store. How many places can you get your weekly groceries and car audio in the same store? I'm sure there was huge demand for that. I'm willing to bet you ain't gonna find a AA, Fi, DC, Sundown, JL, Audioque, or any respectable sub in wal mart any time in the near future. Corporate America just trying to **** your every last nickel. What happened to the Local guy having a shop selling and installing RF, kicker, mtx, etc. In order to support his family. Those days will slowly diminish.

Sounds about right. Cheap audio in a cheap retail store. How many places can you get your weekly groceries and car audio in the same store? I'm sure there was huge demand for that. I'm willing to bet you ain't gonna find a AA, Fi, DC, Sundown, JL, Audioque, or any respectable sub in wal mart any time in the near future. Corporate America just trying to **** your every last nickel. What happened to the Local guy having a shop selling and installing RF, kicker, mtx, etc. In order to support his family. Those days will slowly diminish.
A lot of those shops messed up themselves. Markups, shady installs, rediculus prices

You are very far from the truth on this. I can understand your point, but being upset and tossing out such a claim is ridiculous. It is obvious that from a business logic it is a great choice for them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.