Kicker 10" Sub not sounding as good as it should

It says it can run MAX POWER at 2ohms 1100 watts but I have no idea how much that is in "Boss's Watts RMS" terms so...

Not sure on your level of knowledge here. You can wire your sub up 2 different ways, resulting in 2 different resistance (ohm) values. Your amp sees what you wire your sub to.
If you wired it to 8ohms, your amp puts out less watts to an 8ohm load.
If wired to 2ohms. The amp puts out a lot more watts.

It's also possible you wired it incorrectly and it's not 8 or 2.
I use the12volt.com to show how stuff gets wired up correctly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

Clearing out storage. $75 + shipping. Located in Carlsbad, CA. Pick up OK. Shipping weight is probably around 13 pounds. Slightly to deep to...
You could run that sub on a 4 channel amp and have 2 channels left for amping front speakers. I just put a small system in my brothers car with a...
Kicker q class 12” sub is in excellent condition i got this sub with the intention too build and i dint have the time im asking 250 i am open too...
Yep, that will mark the third iteration of teh X series. i figured that was in the loop as they have been running out of stock on the last...
Is this a blue or blue/white wire from the Kenwood? The ACC wire is red and although that should turn on the amp, it is not the prefered wiring...

About this thread

pcuaz21

CarAudio.com Newbie
pcuaz21
Michigan
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from