Kenwood KAC-7205 1000 Watts amplifier ( bridgeable )

Just wire one to each channel until u get a better amp. They'll only see about 150w each but that's all you've got right now.
Find a nice mono block that does about 500 at 2 ohms.
I agree with this, but if you get a 500 @ 2ohms, make sure it is 1 ohm stable, in case you upgrade subs down the road, you will have more wiring options and power available at lower impedance loads..In saying that, find one that makes 500 watts at 8 ohms that is 1ohm stable, and you will be the man!

but the mono block amp is a one channel amp can i hook it up to push both 12s at 500 watts each i was looking at this one here but its 300W x 1 @ 4 ohms not 500 watts

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kenwood+-+1000W+Class+D+Mono+Amplifier+with+Low-Pass+Crossover/9763215.p?id=1218169463744&skuId=9763215

Edit : @ princ3cmo dont know why you say that i will only see about 150w each caues its 4 ohms: 170 watts x 2 chan and bridged, 4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan max power output: 500 watts x 2 chan so bridged, 4 ohms its 500 watts each 12s look here this is the one i have

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22733_Kenwood-KAC-7205.html

Last edited by a moderator:
but the mono block amp is a one channel amp can i hook it up to push both 12s at 500 watts each i was looking at this one here but its 300W x 1 @ 4 ohms not 500 watts

Kenwood - 1000W Class D Mono Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover - KAC-8105D

Edit : @ princ3cmo dont know why you say that i will only see about 150w each caues its 4 ohms: 170 watts x 2 chan and bridged, 4 ohms: 500 watts x 1 chan max power output: 500 watts x 2 chan so bridged, 4 ohms its 500 watts each 12s look here this is the one i have

Kenwood KAC-7205 (kac7205) 1000W 2-Channel Car Amplifier
you have two 4 ohm subs. if you wire them parallel to one amp channel, the amp will "SEE" a 2 ohm load Your KW is not rated to be stable at 2 ohms into 1 channel ( bridged to 1ch/mono).. The 8105D amp you posted a link to is rated 500w rms at 2 ohms...wire both subs to the amp parallel and it will push them with 500 watts rms, or 250 watts rms PER sub.

You can wire 10 speakers to one amp channel, as long as they are wired correctly and present the correct ohm load (impedance) to that channel..you would just take the rms wattage at the wired impedance and divide that by the number of speakers wired. ex. 10 subs wired parallel/series to a single 1000watt rms channel = 100w rms per sub.

Brother, you really have to look past the "MAX" ratings on amplifiers. you have two 4 ohm subs wired one to each channel. the power rating for that map is 170 w / ch.on that load. The amp may be able to provide more than that during transient peaks, but when you are listening to music at moderate levels, the power output is going to be fluctuating in that 170 watt range. The Max is an idea of headroom on the amp. To be fair to you and your subs, look at RMS ratings.

Are you a die hard Kenwood fan?

Kenwood - 1000W Class D Mono Amplifier with Low-Pass Crossover - KAC-8105D

Kenwood KAC-7205 (kac7205) 1000W 2-Channel Car Amplifier
That (the part I put in bold in your post) is why I said they will see about 150w each. Your subs are single 4 ohm. Like youve been told, your amp is not stable down to 2 ohms bridged. So, you will need to simply wire one to each channel.

Which means a theoretical 170w per sub. For some reason, I doubt that amp does rated, which is why I said 150w per sub.

IGNORE THE MAX RATINGS!!!

i guess am stuck with this kenwood amp for now but am thinking of buying a different amp which one would you guys suggest to me for a good and powerful amp would realy like to max out theses 2 12s kickers i got

@ quackhead no am not a die hard Kenwood fan saw it and i was told it was not a bad amp so i went with it but no am not a Kenwood fan i wanted a kicker amp or a Rockford Fosgate amp but to much money but am going to stay with this amp for now and save up some more money and buy a better one to many bills right now

i guess am stuck with this kenwood amp for now but am thinking of buying a different amp which one would you guys suggest to me for a good and powerful amp would realy like to max out theses 2 12s kickers i got
@ quackhead no am not a die hard Kenwood fan saw it and i was told it was not a bad amp so i went with it but no am not a Kenwood fan i wanted a kicker amp or a Rockford Fosgate amp but to much money but am going to stay with this amp for now and save up some more money and buy a better one to many bills right now
I totally understand, brother. Just remember, look for rated RMS wattages at 2 ohms for the subs you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.