Kenwood KAC-7205 1000 Watts amplifier ( bridgeable )

MY GOD guys really there kicker comps
what you have are 2 single 4 ohm subs. wire them in parallel and you get your 2 ohm load.

the subs you have are only rated at 150 rms each. therefore you would need 300 watts RMS at 2 ohm.

your amp has a rating of 500 watts at 2 ohm bridged which i bet is inflated but since you only need 300 it will work perfectly.

get eveything wired up look at how to set gains with a DMM set it at 300 hook the subs up bridged and you will be good.

i have personal experience with the comps and dont run more than rated, i gave a pair 400 (200 each) and they blew about 8 months later.
No, the 7205 is rated 500 w. at 4 ohms and 250 w. at 8 ohms

Kenwood - KAC-7205

I'm just trying to figure out how this person is going to be able to parallel wire single voice coil 4 ohm speakers to 2 ohm. Bro(threadstarter) you definitely need some money in you car audio trick bag bad. If I were you I would get some new subwoofers, your using ones that are at least 3 generations discontinued. As for the amp, I trust the experts on this panel and have a similar Kenwood amp KAC-7204, but start to invest in the quality of sound in the future and get an amp which can handle your subwoofers without pushing the capabilities of that type of amp overboard because you'll kill it. Your going to need a Class D, PROPER mono-block amp capable of carrying 2ohm load 1ohm stable at 1000watts (not talking about peak), this way when you get new subs you won't have to upgrade your amp if you don't cast the lure too far from the pond. This is probably a little too much information for you to start, but bookmark this if you decide to take some of the advice offered. How Mono Block Amps Work | eHow.com

yeah totally misread the info and OP there are LOTS of amp here that would cost 70 shipped at max for 300 @ 2 ohm. sell that one local for about that and you lost nothing and would have the correct amp and more than likely a better one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.