JY Powers new battery NXT-2kf

Participant count
  • Participant list

needmowatts
Pro Seller

CarAudio.com Recruit
USA
Love them or hate them, the new JY power battery is here, and it's crazy small and made here in the USA 🇺🇸

This should be perfect for the guys out there with the daily system.❤️

Attachments

• jy_power_nxt_cap_3_copy__31693.jpeg
    jy_power_nxt_cap_3_copy__31693.jpeg
    110.6 KB · Views: 21
It is somewhat suspicious that they don't publish any specs beyond "will power a 2000W amp". For how long? How much energy does it store? I guess you can get John Price to sign it for you at least so there's something it'll do that a good LTO bank or AGM won't.

It is somewhat suspicious that they don't publish any specs beyond "will power a 2000W amp". For how long? How much energy does it store? I guess you can get John Price to sign it for you at least so there's something it'll do that a good LTO bank or AGM won't.

It's 2000f capacitor and 4ah lithium shoved in a case.

We don't know what cells yet. I'm sure someone will disect them.

Long as they aren't as bad as the d4s 6.0 I'm sure they will be fine

They appear to be 6s configuration so you know it's an lto cell. And that means you should be charging to at least 15v.

What I don't like is the lack of published size. Only a picture for reference

I'm betting 6ah shequan lto cells and some smaller caps beit Maxwell or Skelton Mayberry even eton

Regardless the lack of info is disheartening. And no battery currently mad can handle 9-16v so I start to even wonder if it's just a set of caps

So, doing an install in my buddies Terrain, we weren't able to find an upgrade to his alternator. So we where just going to throw an AGM under the hood, and a bigger AGM in the back to power the 2 1500 watt mono amps and his 4 channel.
Running one of these along with an upgraded AGM under the hood would be a lot less expensive and take up a lot less space.
On the contrary, it's always been said, don't run different chemistries together. Lithium type cells (I could be wrong, but from what I understand) don't like fluctuations in voltage. The vehicle has a voltage regulation system that can fluctuate from mid 13 volts to low 15 volts.
The lack of technical information on these are quite disheartening. We're still leaning towards the 2 AGM's, but curious what you guys would have to say if someone was thinking about maybe using one of these in this kind of setup? I think I already know the answer though lol.

Regardless the lack of info is disheartening.
All the boutique "car audio battery" companies seem extremely lacking on any real specifics just "it'll power a xxxxx watt amp". This is why I wound up just going straight to China and buying my own cells 3 years ago.
Lithium type cells (I could be wrong, but from what I understand) don't like fluctuations in voltage.
You really just need to know their max charging voltage and current and NOT exceed that. The big issue is that neither will charge or discharge at the same rate nor will they want to rest at the same voltage so one will always be putting a parasitic draw off the other. I'm sure you can mix and match and it'll be better than just one battery but don't expect great performance or optimum cycle life.

All the boutique "car audio battery" companies seem extremely lacking on any real specifics just "it'll power a xxxxx watt amp". This is why I wound up just going straight to China and buying my own cells 3 years ago.

You really just need to know their max charging voltage and current and NOT exceed that. The big issue is that neither will charge or discharge at the same rate nor will they want to rest at the same voltage so one will always be putting a parasitic draw off the other. I'm sure you can mix and match and it'll be better than just one battery but don't expect great performance or optimum cycle life.
I was more wondering if it would be more beneficial than a second AGM. But like I said, I was pretty sure I already knew the answer, and it's seeming like a second AGM would be the better/ stronger way to go.

I was more wondering if it would be more beneficial than a second AGM. But like I said, I was pretty sure I already knew the answer, and it's seeming like a second AGM would be the better/ stronger way to go.

This module they are selling isn't going to support crap once you kill the engine. They are banking on the alt constantly topping it off.

4ah is going to drain very fast, 2000f isn't alot of storage either.

This would likely pair well with a larger batt or like stated before a decent sized alt.

In your case I would buy/build a bank of 38120hp red headway cells. Only downside is the 14.6 max charge voltage. They will tolerate higher voltages but not for long.

Yinglong, lishen, Shenghuo plannano lto setups are better if you charge above 14.6v but you are going to lose capacity since they float at 15.6v. most people charge 15.2-15.8v with lto.

Gm pcm controlled vehicles can be bypassed rather easily with simple modules.

Headway and lishen lifepo4 cells can be mixed with agm when charging voltage is below 14.6v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...